Английский язык. Помощь с английским языком.
Затруднения с английским? Получите помощь по английскому языку у профессионалов.
I. Переведите предложения и сделайте графическую разметку анализа простого предложения по членам предложения, где 1 – подлежащее, 2 – сказуемое, 3 – дополнение, 4 – обстоятельство.
Пример: We 1 | get 2 | fresh information about vacancies 3 | at the plants 4 |.
1. The students didn’t find the necessary books in the library.
2. Everybody is already busy with some other problems.
3. At last they can show their new experiment.
4. Slowly and almost mechanically she took up the letter lying unopened on the table.
5. He listened to everybody with great attention in his office in the afternoon.
6. Many people can speak about politics for hours.
7. A secretary answers telephone calls.
II. Выберите предложения, в которых имеются:
а) придаточные подлежащие;
б) придаточные сказуемые;
в) придаточные обстоятельственные;
г) придаточные определительные.
д) придаточные дополнительные.
1. That nobody saw them was a mere chance.
2. The fact that you took English lessons some years ago helps you in your studies now.
3. He reminds me of someone I knew in the army.
4. She did as she had been told.
5. What you say is interesting.
6. The law does not say what shops can be opened.
7. What I really wanted was to work for this firm.
III. Переведите следующие словосочетания по образцу.
Price list – список цен
1. human resources
2. business organization
3. market situation
4. work experience
5. production manager
6. promotion campaign
7. bank statement
8. interest rate
IV. Переведите следующие предложения, обращая внимание на перевод слов one и it.
1. It is very difficult to manage a company successfully.
2. The airport covers over four square miles, and the road round it is 13 miles long.
3. It may be possible to persuade a person with capital to become a partner in the business.
4. One must do everything in time.
5. Partnerships have certain disadvantages. One is an unlimited liability.
6. It is this experiment that led to the discovery.
7. We’ve got a lot of useful guide-books. Look at this one.
8. It is easier to ask a question than to answer one.
V. Вставьте глагол to be или to have в Present, Past или Future Simple.
1. My aunt … very depressed last Sunday. The weather … terrible. It … cold and raining.
2. Many stockholders … of little interest in management of the corporation some years ago.
3. An individual business … usually got one owner.
4. When I come home tomorrow, all my family … at home.
5. The level of production … the main factor in the development of automation.
6. The game … not worth the candle.
7. They … only a limited investment and a limited liability.
VI. Переведите предложения с оборотом There + to be.
1. There are some disadvantages of this form of business organization.
2. There will be plenty of opportunities for new staff to get information.
3. There are some documents which show the financial state of the company.
4. There is no place like home.
5. There are three kinds of bank accounts.
6. An area where there is a demand for certain goods is called a market.
VII. Прочитайте следующий текст и переведите его. Перепишите абзацы 1, 2 и 3 и переведите их письменно, подчеркните придаточные предложения и выделите в них подлежащее и сказуемое.
A BANK ACCOUNT IN BRITAIN
1. There are three kinds of bank accounts: a current account, on which one can draw cheques; a deposit account, on which interest is paid; and a savings account, (which is a special kind of deposit account intended for small savers).
2. The current account is opened for dealing with income and expenditure. Its distinguishing feature is the cheques. (You may be able to arrange with your employers for your pay to be credited direct to your account.) Out of it one can withdraw any cash one needs by writing cheques.
3. No interest is paid to a current account. When you want to pay into your account you write on a paying-in slip the date, your name, and the amount of cash, postal orders, or cheques that you’re putting in. If the accounts at your branch have been allotted numbers, you also fill in your own account number. The cashier who receives this money keeps the completed slip for entry to your account. You may, if you wish, be provided with a book of paying-in slips, each page of which has a counter-foil. In this case the cashier will stamp and initial the counter-foil thus giving you an immediate record of your deposit.
4. Apart from its usefulness as a means of keeping a record of your spending, paying by cheque has several advantages. The payment of accounts is simplified. There is no need to go to the post-office for postal orders or registered envelopes when sending money by post. You do not need to carry large amounts in notes and coins on you. And there can never be any dispute over whether a bill has been paid, for the “cleared” cheque at your bank provides adequate evidence. A cheque is a very simple document. It is a written order to the bank to pay a sum of money from your balance either to yourself or to some other person whom you name.
I. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык следующие предложения, обращая особое внимание на перевод неопределенных и отрицательных местоимениях.
1. Any student translates this text without a dictionary.
2. Some marketing operations are very expensive.
3. If they work hard, they won’t lose any customer.
4. Everybody is here, we may start.
5. Nothing will change the price rise of sugar next year.
6. It will take some time to make a shopping list.
7. Last year there were some 20 commercial banks in our town.
II. Перепишите следующие предложения, определите в них видовременные формы сказуемых и укажите их инфинитив. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. A human operator puts data into the computer and gives instructions.
2. Organization structure means the relationship between positions and people who hold the position.
3. His business grew and became more complex.
4. The exchange rate between currencies will gradually rise.
5. Financial institutions provided money for companies in different ways.
6. In May this radio company will reach target figure of one hundred and forty thousand radios.
III. Перепишите следующие предложения, содержащие разные формы сравнения и переведите их на русский язык.
1. The amount of money in your bank account is less that it was last year.
2. The problem is simpler than you think.
3. Debt is the worst kind of poverty.
4. Used cars are cheaper but less reliable than new cars.
5. The more you do now, the less will be left for tomorrow.
6. The sooner you’re here, the sooner we’ll finish our work.
IV. a) Поставьте вопросы к следующим предложениям, начиная их словами, данными в скобках.
1. Market research helps the producer to predict demand. (What?)
2. They will make a new modification of electronic watch. (Who?)
3. The manager gave orders to his employees. (Who?)
б) Подставьте все типы вопросов к предложению:
All the banks provide credit services.
V. Прочитайте и устно переведите весь текст. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст
1. Your probably have regularly recurring payments to make such as insurance premiums, hire purchase installments, etc. You can save yourself time and trouble (and avoid the risk of a payment being overlooked) if you sign a standing order instructing the bank to make such payments from your account automatically, on specified dates.
2. Payments which the bank makes for your understanding order are made through the Bank Giro system. This system can be used for other purposes. If you are an employee, you may be able to arrange with your employer for your pay to be credited direct to your account. This saves your paying to collect it.
3. If the people to whom you have to pay money agree, you can bank Giro credits for paying your bills. Gas, Water, and Electricity Boards, and many other companies, encourage this method, and include Bank Giro slips with their invoices. This means you have no letters to write, no envelopes or postage stamps to buy.
4. A Deposit Account is intended for the investment of money not immediately required. A deposit account earns interest, which is normally 2% below Bank Rate. You can add to a deposit account as often as you wish, and withdraw cash whenever you require it. Cheques may not be drawn on deposit accounts, but if you have a current account as well, you can transfer funds from your deposit to your current account whenever necessary. A savings account is really a small deposit account for people who want a convenient way of putting aside small savings. If you open either a Deposit or a savings account you are given a passbook, which you bring with you when making a transaction on your account. The services which the bank renders are so varied that it is difficult to issue a price list on them. But the bank’s charge for a current account is based on the extent to which it is used, and on the amount of the balance.