Контрольные работы по английскому языку просто необходимо выполнять, чтобы повысить свой уровень знаний. Также контрольные дают возможность проверить свои знания.
I. Переведите предложения. Подчеркните сказуемые и определите их время и залог.
1. A new idea was suggested by Bea at the last meeting. /Past Simple, Passive Voice
2. Thousands of Japanese cars are exported to our country every month.
3. Bill and his friends are being trained in Switzerland.
4. The accident has been seen by several witnesses.
5. The top secret documents will be sent tomorrow.
6. The 2018 World Cup soccer games will be televised all over the world.
7. The farmer's wagon had been pulled down by the storm before they were informed.
8. Our group will have been sent on practice by the 11th of August.
II. Преобразуйте предложения, сделав дополнение подлежащим. Внесите соответствующие изменения.
1. They took down the notice.
2. People often take him for his brother.
3. We are turning away students the whole time.
4. The crowd shouted him down.
5. We called in the police.
6. Someone will call for it later on.
7. They sent for the doctor immediately.
8. People always laugh at him.
III. Переведите следующие предложения. Подчеркните формы герундия.
1. Не liked neither reading nor being read aloud to.
2. We showed no sign of being impressed.
3. If you put your money into that business you risk losing every cent.
4. This specialist has a scheme for making grass grow in winter.
5. The Prime Minister stopped for a moment and then went on speaking.
6. Your group is capable of doing better work.
7. Mary had a good reason for not going to the lessons yesterday
8. The jury found Mr Wilson guilty of taking money from the company he worked for and keeping it for himself.
9. The police officer told him to stop, but he kept on driving.
10. My friend appreciates being able to study in peace and quiet.
IV. Переведите следующие предложения. Подчеркните формы инфинитива.
1. I resented being unjustly accused and asked him to apologize.
2. I'm very sorry for being late. It was good of you to wait for me.
3. We got tired of waiting for the weather to clear and finally decided to set out in the rain.
4. This old man always forgets to turn off all the lights before he leaves his house.
5. Veronica’s mother told us not to wait for her.
6. My aunt keeps promising to visit us, but she never does.
7. Last year I studied abroad. I appreciate having had the opportunity to live and study in a foreign country.
8. After driving for three hours, we stopped to get something to eat.
9. The local authorities did not want their housing scheme to fail.
10. We want our son to have good education.
11. The scientists think the last hail to be a rare phenomenon in our city.
12. Bernard Show is known to be a witty person.
V. Закончите следующие предложения, употребляя глаголы в скобках в форме инфинитива или герундия.
1. A technically qualified person warned her (not touch) the wire.
2. Don't forget (lock) the door before (go) to bed.
3. His mother told him (not speak) to anyone about it.
4. An instructor is coming (show) us how (use) the aqualung.
5. John has no intention of (go) to that film; he couldn't bear (see) his favourite actress in such a dreadful part.
6. Mr. Hill suggests (telephone) the hospitals before (ask) the police (look) for him.
7. After (hear) the conditions Hob decided (not enter) for the competition.
VI. Переведите предложения, вставив подходящее форму причастия или герундия. Подчеркните причастия: Present Participle, Past Participle и Perfect Participle. Не подчеркивайте герундии.
1. (to hear) the sounds of music, they stopped (to talk).
2. She went into the room, (to leave) the door open.
3. (to work) at their desks, the students were listening to a new recording.
4. We stopped before a (to shut) door.
5. (to tie) to a fixedly (to attach) chair, the kidnapped could not run away.
6. (to buy) some juice and cakes in the shop, we went home.
7. (to sit) near the fire for an hour, a (to freeze) boy felt very warm.
8. After (help) me to prepare for my final exam in physics we went for a walk.
9. The door (to bolt) on the inside could not be opened.
10. She did not return with us, (to ask) to a supper party.
VII. Раскройте скобки, меняя глагольную форму на Present или PastParticiple.
Example. 1. a) I had nothing to do. I was (to bore)and lonely.
a) I had nothing to do. I was bored and lonely.
b) I had only one book with me but I didn't read it. It was so (to bore).
b) I had only one book with me but I didn't read it. It was so boring.
2. a) Who is that boy (to do) his homework at that table?
b) The exercises (to do) by the students were easy.
3. a) The house (to surround) by tall trees is very beautiful.
b) The wall (to surround) the house was very high.
4. a) The girl (to write) on the blackboard is the monitor of the group.
b) Everything (to write) here is absolutely right.
5. a) Read the (to translate) sentences once more.
b) The student (to translate) the text will answer in five minutes.
VIII. Выполните задания, учитывая различные функции глагола.
a) Подчеркните смысловые глаголы.
1. The leader of the party was examining the soil near the entrance to the cave when the machine showed that there was gold under the ground.
2. The teacher said his pronunciation had improved after he had worked in the sound laboratory.
3. Why are you so angry? Why are you shouting at me?
4. Anna told me that she had carefully put her jewellery away.
5. The lectures of this famous professor are always listened to with great attention.
6. Who looks after your children when you are at work? As a rule, my mother does (заменитель смыслового глагола). She is not working now.
7. Ann said Englishmen made good husbands because they were nearly always willing to help in the house.
8. Mary answered she liked men to be useful but she didn't like them to be too domesticated.
9. The report stated the new Rolls Royce ran so quietly that all you could hear was the ticking of the clock.
10. The Managing Director replied they'd have to do something about the clock.
b) Подчеркните вспомогательные глаголы.
1. They were waiting for him inside the university, while he was waiting for them outside.
2. My old aunt was constantly breaking the dishes.
3. Becky has been reciting her poems for half an hour.
4. The pianist had been playing for an hour and a half when the break was announced.
5. The customer has to sign this cheque immediately, but don’t tell him about it.
6. Jane said she didn't know what to do with all her plums.
7. Dinner was already ready, everybody had got hungry, but two of the guests were missing.
8. The girl was bitterly crying. She had lost her way.
9. As soon as I had booked a room at the hotel, I went to the concert.
10. The artists have been working since morning.
c) Подчеркните модальные глаголы или их заменители.
1. When does the performance begin? It is to start at 7.00 p.m.
2. Venice must be trying to find the old letters.
3. Her mother was ill, and she had to take her sister to school.
4. I am afraid I cannot do it alone.
5. Could you leave the boy here for a quarter of an hour?
6. She may have done all the work. Everything is clean.
7. Valentine, you should put on woolen socks in order not to catch cold.
8. You need not have taken another attempt to do it.
9. Jill should help her small sister with her home task.
10. Lang is to come at 7 o’clock as agreed.
IX. Переведите указанные предложения из упражнения VIII, принимая во внимание многофункциональность глаголов to be, to have, to do, выпишите глаголы-сказуемые и определите их функцию в предложении (смысловой /вспомогательный /модальный /заменитель другого глагола /глагол-связка):
функции to be
1. Software is a set of instructions, called a program, which tells a computer what to do.
2. Davis was to bring his translation of that difficult text as agreed. Модальный
3. Pan will be flying to Brazil at this time the day after tomorrow.
4. - It is so cold today. - So cold? I am freezing.
функции to have
1. Does a person have to take a driving test to be allowed to drive a car?
2. Have you got a pen to fill in the declaration? Вспомогательный
3. Gela is having a very nice time in Switzerland visiting mountain resorts.
4. - Jane, I had a dream about you last night. - I hope, it was not a nightmare.
функции to do
1. Why do you think English is included in the driver’s test as one of the items?
2. Do you believe that Anny doing the shopping bought a real masterpiece?
3. Your son did the least to get a positive mark!
4. Do be polite speaking to adults!
X. Учитывая правило согласования времен и бессоюзное подчинение, переведите следующие предложения:
1. The director said he would never forget how much I had helped him.
2. The man explained he had been forced to hire a car. He assured us he would not have done it if he had any other choice.
3. Mrs Marryat told her children they should brush their teeth two times a day if they wanted them to be clean, healthy and beautiful.
4. The economist explained the price of most commodities depends on supply and demand.
5. Dr Health assured me there was nothing wrong with me. He explained I was too nervous and that was the reason for my heart aches.
6. He said he had ordered a lot of flowers, food and drink. Dick had already invited all her relatives and friends.
7. The arrested man refused to answer any questions and said he would never say a word later.
В бессоюзных придаточных предложениях отметьте знаком ^ место, где может находиться опущенный союз.
Например: She went on to say ^ he was a man ^ one could trust completely.
XI. Подчеркните в следующем тексте глаголы-сказуемые в форме страдательного залога и переведите его на русский язык.
A captious customer.
An elephant was being sold. A man came up to the elephant and began to examine it very carefully. He was approached by the merchant and was whispered in his ear:
"Don't say anything about the elephant till I've sold it and I'll make you a present."
"All right", said the man.
After the elephant had been sold, the merchant gave him one tenth of the price he had got for it and said," Now will you tell me how you found out that blemish on the left foreleg of the elephant? I thought it was well hidden."
"I never found any blemish,' said the man.
"Then why was every part of the elephant being looked so carefully by you?"
"Because I've never seen one before, and wanted to know what they were like."