I. Распределите слова на два столбца: пять слов со звуком [ae] и пять слов со звуком [e].
Сверьтесь, если необходимо, по словарю.
bag that back end best happy marry men said pet
II. Вспомните и напишите слова, рифмующиеся с данными.
III. Разделите перечисленные ниже слова на четыре группы. Объясните, почему вы их так разделили.
a ring, a quail, a turkey, jam, to live, to try, money, a wood, to guess, lazy, a kettle, to drive, clever, fat, a stocking, tall, hungry, butter, a fork, a sofa, ripe, an eye, tame, to buy, water, an apple, cheese, to draw, silly, porridge, to write, milk, bread, to catch, honey, tea, to hear, to sing, funny, domestic
IV. В каждую группу слов попало лишнее слово, подчеркните его.
1. a day, a lorry, a minute, a year, a month, a week
2. a fly, a ladybird, a bird, a butterfly, a bee
3. at the cinema, at school, at home, in the forest, at night
4. a chair, a sofa, a friend, a bed, a cupboard, a table
5. a fork, a knife, a cup, a car, a glass, a spoon, a plate
6. milk, a nut, an apple, jam, water, a camel, bread, a lemon
7. a coat, trousers, stockings, a mouse, a hat, a dress, a pair of shoes, a shirt
8. a cat, a pig, a cow, a snake, a puppy, a dog, a hen
9. a puppy, a kitten, a chicken, a dog, a duckling
V. Выберите пары.
a wolf, green, big, a horse, a hat, black, a room, white, a dish, a star, red, good, a box, grey, a girl, blue.
VI. Подберите вопросы к ответам.
1. That is a daisy.
2. This is silver.
3. Those are tigers.
4. These are green and grey.
5. This is a lion.
6. Those are violets.
7. That is yellow.
8. These are horses.
VII. Заполните пропуски, используя данные глаголы.
to go to write to look to count to open to go to put to give
to show to put to take to catch
1. Jill, _ to bed!
2. Ann, _the knife down!
3. Where is your new shirt? _ it on!
4. _ home! Your father is at home now.
5. Kate, _ the forks, please. How many forks are there?
6. _ at the flowers! What colour are they?
7. _ this frog for me! I like it.
8. _ me this silver bell! How nice it is! May I take it?
9. _ your copy-books, children! _ these new words!
10. _ your dress and _ it to me, please!
VIII. Найдите русские эквиваленты данным слева английским выражениям.
1. Pleased to meet you.
2. A pea for a bean.
3. Please feel free to leave.
4. Well, I never.
5. Very well, then.
6. Mel meant to get ahead.
1. Мел хотела добиться успеха.
2. Лучше синица в руках, чем журавль в небе.
3. Ну что ж, хорошо.
4. Рад познакомиться с вами.
5. Пожалуйста, уходи, когда захочется.
6. Ничего подобного не слышал.
IX. Вставьте подходящие по смыслу идиомы, данные под чертой.
1. He always does whatever he is asked to, but he never _ it.
2. You would never expect her to _ her husband _.
3. I _ never _ swimming anyway.
have … on a string; puts his heart into; was … much for
X. Расположите реплики диалога в правильном порядке.
An interesting film
Lyn: Is he coming to the pictures?
Tim: Quick or we’ll miss the beginning of the film.
Mrs. Smith: Tim’s ill.
Bill: Is Tim in?
Bill: Here he is. Hello, Tim!
Mrs. Smith: If you are ill, Tim …
Lyn: Are you ill, Tim?
Tim: Is it an interesting film?
Tim: Hello, Bill!
Lyn: It’s “Big Jim and the Indians”.
Bill: And it begins in six minutes.
XI. Перепишите предложения, раскрыв скобки с использованием Present Simple; переведите предложения.
1. Ann (speak) German very well.
2. Bad driving (cause) many accidents.
3. “Would you like a cigarette?” – “No, thanks. I (smoke).”
4. The Olympic Games (take place) every four years.
5. I never (drink) coffee.
6. What time (the banks / close) in Britain?
7. How often (you / go) to the dentist?
XII. Перепишите предложения, раскрыв скобки с использованием Past Simple; переведите предложения.
1. She (get) up at 7 o’clock.
2. She (not / have) a big breakfast.
3. Mozart (write) more than 600 pieces of music.
4. “(you / go) out last night?” – Yes, I (go) to the cinema but I (not / enjoy) the film much.
5. “When Mr Thomas (die)?” – “About ten years ago.”
6. I (not / do) anything at the weekend.
7. It was warm, so I (take) off my coat.
XIII. Перепишите предложения, раскрыв скобки с использованием Future Simple; переведите предложения.
1. That bag looks heavy. I (help) you with it.
2. “What would you like to drink?” – I (have) an orange juice, please.”
3. “Did they phone Ruth?” – “Oh no, we forgot. We (phone) her now.”
4. He feels a bit hungry. I think he (have) something to eat.
5. She doesn't think she (go) out tonight. She's too tired.
6. I (not / tell) anyone what happened. I promise.
7. (you / be) quiet, please? I’m trying to concentrate.
XIV. Заполните пропуски подходящими по смыслу словами.
When two persons are married, the man is called the _; the woman becomes his _. When a child is born in the family, the father and mother of the child are called _. A family generally consists of a father, a mother and children – a _or a _or both. The first born child is the _, the last born – the _. Two children that are born together are called _.
The father and mother of the husband become the _ (in law – by marriage), and the _ of the wife. The husband is the _; the wife – _; they have _ and _.
The other members of the family are the _ or _: uncles, aunts, cousins, etc.
The brothers and sisters of any of the parents become the _ and _ of the children. The children of two married brothers or sisters or brother and sister are _ to each other.
In case of a second marriage, we speak of an _ or an _, a _, a _, _ etc.