Контрольные по английскому
Контрольные по английскому языку играют большую роль в изучении английского языка. Контрольные по английскому определяют ваши пробелы в знаниях. Тем самым вы можете ликвидировать пробелы.
Вставьте глагол to be в Present, Past или Future Simple.
1. The students _ in the Russian Museum. 2. Last month they _ in the Hermitage. There _an interesting exhibition there. 3. In two weeks they _ in the Tretyakov Gallery. They_lucky. 4. My father _ a teacher. 5. He _ a pupil twenty years ago. 6. I _ a doctor when I grow up. 7. My sister _not _ at home tomorrow. 8. She _ at school tomorrow. 9. _ you _at home tomorrow? 10. _ your father at work yesterday? 11. My sister _ ill last week. 12. She _ not ill now. 13. Yesterday we _ at the theatre. 14. Where _ your mother now? — She is in the kitchen. 15. Where _ you yesterday? — I _ at the cinema. 16. When I come home tomorrow, all my family _ at home. 17. _your little sister in bed now? — Yes, she _ 18. _ you _at school tomor¬row? — Yes, I _. 19. When my granny _ young, she _ an actress. 20. My friend _in Moscow now. 21. He _ in St. Petersburg tomorrow. 22. Where _your books now? — They _ in my bag.
I.WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT. Divide the following into three groups: weapons, ships, aircraft.
aircraft carriers bazookas bombers
destroyers fighters guided missiles cruisers
howitzers machine guns minesweepers helicopters
rifles submarines tugs mortars
II. THE ARMY. Put each of the following words or phrases into its correct place in the passage below.
administrative duties army post assignment barracks
company-sized unit cooks dayroom drill
guard duty marching mess hall perimeter
recreation reveille reviews
roll call soldier soldiers
supervises supply sergeant training
roops unit commander weapons
A Typical Day in the Army
A typical day for a _ depends on his _. During peacetime at a permanent _, the bugler sounds _ at 5:30 or 6 a.m. to waken the _ After _, the men wash and shave, go to the _ for breakfast.
Next they form ranks for _. They practice various _ routines and the use and care of _. Other men take care of housekeeping details. The _ begin their work long before reveille. The first sergeant and company clerk handle the _ and "paperwork" of the unit. The mess sergeant _ the cooks. The _ cares for and issues clothing and equipment. Each Saturday, the _ inspects the entire company.
Drill is usually completed by 11 a.m. After dinner at noon, the men return to their jobs or _. All day and night some officers and men are on _ They are posted at warehouses, motor pools, storage depots and around the _.
Parades and _ sometimes take place in the afternoon until about 5 p.m. After supper, _ not assigned special duties may do as they please. Most army posts have _ buildings called service clubs. Each _ has a clubroom called a _Men who do not have permission to stay out must be in their _ by 11 p.m. and lights must be turned off.
THE ARMY. Match the definitions with the defined word.
I. MILITARY ACTIVITIES.
1. to inspect a) to inspect very formally and ceremonially, esp. by an
2. to muster officer of high rank, or a king
3. to parade b) to show respect by raising an arm or firing a gun
4. to salute c) to look at soldiers in order to examine the state of their
5. to review uniforms, etc.
d) to bring soldiers together for a review or parade
e) to march in ceremonial order
6. ambush f) taking control of another country
7. assault g) a brief unimportant fight
8. invasion h) an attack on a place by keeping an army round it and
9. raid stopping anyone from getting in or out
10. siege i) a surprise attack
11. skirmish j) a sudden secret attack by a small group
k) a strong attack
III. TAKING AND LOSING
12. to annex l) to capture quickly or very forcefully
13. to surrender m) to take control over land
14. to capture n) to get by fighting
15. to liberate o) to stop the siege
16. to relieve p) to set free from a tyrant or conqueror
17. to seize r) to give oneself up to the enemy