Контрольные работы по английскому языку
Чтобы хорошо выучить английский язык, необходимо выполнять как можно больше контрольных по английскому. Контрольные по английскому помогают студентам и преподавателям определить уровень знаний. Выполняя контрольные по английскому студент понимает, где у него есть пробелы и может их самостоятельно или с помощью преподавателя устранить. Контрольные по английскому нужный инструмент изучения английского языка.
Задание 1. Переведите предложения и поставьте их в отрицательную форму. Задайте по одному вопросу с вопросительными словами, приведенными в скобках.
1. Most of the residents are employing now. (How many residents?)
2. Labour unions fought hard for recognition. (How?)
3. Boston is still the financial and trading centre of New England. (What kind of centre?)
4. It’s an important commercial centre because of its busy harbour. (Why?)
5. Many immigrants provided a plentiful source of labour. (Who?)
Задание 2. Переведите предложения на русский язык. Вставьте пропущенные предлоги: in, for, to, with, over, of.
1. The headquarters of the United Nations is ………. New York.
2. The size ……….. a product can attract the customer.
3. They sell their products in containers …………… hand-written labels.
4. The original price was …….. 50 pounds but I got it for much less in the summer sale.
5. Harrods also offers a number of special services …….. its customers including a bank, an insurance department.
Задание 3. Заполните пропуски местоимениями SOME, ANY, NO:
There are….. catalogues on your table;
Can you give me……… magazines to read;
We did not……… inquiries for furniture.
Задание 4. Заполните пропуски словами
much, many, few (a few), little (a little):
Larin doesn’t know English well, but he studies…….. ;
The new jet-liner has made only ………flights abroad;
Let me think……….before I answer your question.
Задание 5. Переведите предложения на русский язык. Выберите правильный вариант.
1. The City is the … centre of London.
a) financial b) finance c) financially
2. The most successful manufacturers know that it’s not enough … a good product.
a) have b) to have c) has
3. Every company tries to give the customer a choice of good’s which is unique in its variety, and which no other company … matches.
a) should b) can c) must
Задание 6. Заполните пропуски модальными глаголами или их эквивалентами в нужной временной форме.
1. As the Buyer……….not provide shipping facilities the Seller………..….to deliver the goods on CIF terms.
2. If you don’t leave now, you……… not ……………to come to the meeting on time.
3. Don`t worry! It`s not so important. You ………………..be joking!
4………………..I come in?
5. When ……………………….you come and see me?
Задание 7. Переведите текст на русский язык, ответьте на вопросы и выполните задания к нему.
Adam Smith, Father of Modern Economics
Mr. Smith’s book is very much one of its time. He claims that the material world has its own natural order imposed by the invisible forces of the market.
Markets are insufficient guarantors of prosperity, industrial strength or even political freedom, even if they are essential preconditions for them.
His great, if scarcely original insight, is that specialization in tasks greatly raises productivity. Herein lie the roots of the wealth creation process. But, if this division of labour is to proceed, it is vital that those who specialize feel confident that they can exchange their single product for the other necessities of life-hence the importance of the market.
However, Mr. Smith demonstrates that exchange would approach a point of balance. Market prices would be driven to «natural» prices by the forces of supply and demand. The moment when all market prices equal natural prices is when the system is at its most perfect point of balance.
This is all well and good but some German reviewers, notably Friedrich List, have drawn attention to the very limited notion of profit that Smith has in mind, and the misguided theory of industrialization that is associated with it.
But if Smith is naive in this question, he is no less naive about the movement of markets to some perfect point of balance. Markets, to work best, need rules and supervision.
1. What is Adam Smith?
2. What does he claim in his book?
3. Markets are insufficient guarantors of prosperity, aren’t they?
1. Why is the market so important?
2. What do markets need to work best?
Верны ли следующие утверждения? (Да или нет)
1. Mr. Smith’s book is very much one of its time.
2. Markets are sufficient guarantors of prosperity and industrial strength.
3. Mr. Smith demonstrates that exchange would not approach a point of balance.
4. Market prices would be driven to «natural» prices by the forces of supply and demand.
5. Markets, to work best, need no rules and supervision.
Задание 8. На основании следующих вопросов составьте рассказ о себе.
1. What is your name? 2. How old are you? 3. Are you married or single? 4. Do you live with your parents? 5. Have you got children? 6. What is your job? 7. How long does it take you to get to your work? 8. When do you begin your working day? 9 Who is the head of your office? 10. What do you do during your working hours? What are your duties? 11. What countries does your office do business with? 12. Do you sometimes take part in business talks? 13. Does your office receive a lot of letters cables and telexes? 14. Who sends answers to these business letters? 15. Do you receive foreign businessmen at your office?