1. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык следующие предложения. Помните, что объектный и субъектный инфинитивные обороты соответствуют придаточным предложениям.
1. The federal troops mark the landing area and sometimes fire several rockets to be certain.
2. The children waited for the performance to begin.
3. We know the wave theory of light to be first proposed by the English physicist Robert Hooke in 1665.
2. Перепишите и письменно переведите па русский язык следующие предложения. Обратите внимание на перевод зависимого и независимого (самостоятельного) причастных оборотов.
1. All routes leading to the mountains are road-blocked.
2. Plays shown off Broadway though modestly staged in small theaters rank sometimes with the best Broadway performances in professional skill.
3. The wolf having been killed, they could now sleep in peace.
3. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык следующие сложные предложения. Обратите внимание на перевод условных предложений.
1. They think that if people do not expect to be entertained and amused at the theater they would rather stay at home.
2. If a play is a hit, it may have a long run (that is it may be shown for a very long time), which is the case with a great number of musicals.
3. It would be impossible to know English perfectly without every day's training.
4. Прочитайте и устно переведите текст. Перепишите и письменно переведите с 1-го по 4-й абзацы.
There are films based on novels (so-called adaptations, that is novels adapted for the screen) and films which deal with historical events. In such films you see the familiar characters brought to life and you feel satisfied if they look exactly as you have pictured them.
Hollywood, that was justly accused of creating a dream world which had nothing in common with reality has changed greatly since the time of westerns. American films of today are realistic and up-to-date. For instance, science fiction films, which took the place of horror films, offer the viewer flying saucers, extraterrestrial living beings, space battles and explosions of planets.
They introduced to lovers of science fiction computers and robots going mad and attacking their creators, ugly creatures born of mutation and devastating superweapons. Gangster films are often inspired by the gloomy… Many of the films raise urgent problems facing contemporary society and give food for thought.
…screen examines the causes of criminal behaving and suggests that bad characters are often the result of the circumstances and the environment. The idea that science threatens man is often stressed. It is suggested that human control of science may cause great disasters and in the end lead to the destruction of the world.
Most American films are made with great professional skill. Camera work, setting and acting are usually excellent. But there are also cheap second-rate films, which critics call stupid, badly written and badly directed.