1. The Present Perfect Tense
Упражнение 1. Закончите предложения, используя один из предложенных глаголов во времени (have/has + 3-я форма глагола)
break, buy, finish, do, go, lose, go, paint, read, take
1. “Are they still having dinner?” “No, they have finished”.
2. I ___________________ (to buy) some new shoes. Do you want to see them?
3. “Is Tom here?” “No? he ___________________ (to go) to work”.
4. “___________you ______________ (to do) the shopping?
5. “Where’s your key?” “I don’t know. I _______________ (lose) it”.
6. “Look: Somebody _______________ (to break) that window”.
7. Your house looks different. __________ you ____________ (paint) it?
8. I can’t find my umbrella. Somebody ________________ (take) it?
9. I’m looking for Ann. Where ___________ she ____________ (go)?
10. “Do you want the newspaper?” “No, thanks. I ____________ (read) it”.
Упражнение 2. Напишите вопросы, начинающиеся со слов:
Have you ever…
1. (Paris) Have you ever been to Paris? No, never.
2. Have you ever played golf? Yes, many times.
3. (Australia) Have ____________________? No, never.
4. (lose/your passport) _________________? Yes, once.
5. (sleep/in a park) ______________________? No, never.
6. (eat/Chinese food) ______________________? Yes, a few times.
7. (New York) ___________________________? Yes, twice.
8. (win/a lot of money) _____________________? No, never.
9. (break/your leg) _______________________? Yes, once.
Упражнение 3. Закончите предложения.
1. Jill is in London. She has been in London since Monday.
2. I know George. I have known him for a long time.
3. They are married. They ______________ married since 1993.
4. John is ill. He ______________ ill for a week.
5. We live in this house. We ___________________ here for ten years.
6. I know Tom very well. I ____________him since we went to school together.
7. She has a headache. She _______________ a headache. Since she got up.
Упражнение 4. Составьте вопросы, начинающиеся со слов: How long?
1. John is in London. How long has he been in London?
2. I know George. How long have you known him?
3. Mike and Ann are in Brasil. How long _______________?
4. My brother lives in Germany. _______________________
5. Bill is teacher. ______________________________________
6. I know Margaret. ___________________________________
7. I have a car. ________________________________________
8. Linda and Frank are married. ___________________________?
9. Ann works in London. ___________________________________?
Упражнение 5. Вставьте for или since.
1. She’s been in London since Monday.
2. She’s been in London for four days.
3. Mike has been ill ________ a long time.
4. My aunt has lived in Australia _______ 15 years.
5. Nobody lives in these houses. They have been empty ______ many years.
6. Mrs Harris is in her office. She’s been there ___________ 7 o’clock.
Упражнение 6. Ответьте на вопросы. Используйте слова в скобках и for или ago.
1. (four days) When did he arrive in London? Four days ago.
2. (four days) How long has she been in London? For four days.
3. (20 years) How long have they been married? ________________
4. (20 years) When they did get married? _______________________
5. (ten minutes) When did John arrive? _________________________
6. (two months) When did you buy these shoes? _________________
7. (two months) How long has she been in Moscow? ______________
8. (a long time) How long have you known Jane? _________________
9. (an hour) What time did you have lunch? ______________________
Упражнение 7. Закончите предложения, используя for или since.
1. She is London now. She arrived there four days ago. She has been there for four days.
2. Jack is here. He arrived here in Thursday. He has _____________________
3. I know Ann. I first met Ann two years ago. I’ve _________________________
4. I have a camera. I bought it in 1995. I’ve _______________________________
5. They are married. They got married six month ago. They’ve _____________
Упражнение 8. Используйте слова в скобках, отвечая на вопросы.
1. Have you ever lost your key? (yesterday) Yes, I lost it yesterday.
2. Have you seen Ann? (ten minutes ago) Yes, I _________ ten minutes ago.
3. Have you painted the gate? (last week) Yes, we ____________________ it.
4. Has Jane gone to France? (on Friday) Yes, she ______________________
5. Have they had dinner? (at 7 o’clock) _________________________________
6. Has he started his new work? (yesterday) ____________________________
Упражнение 9. Напишите вопросы, начинающиеся со слов: When…? What time…?
1. They have arrived. What time did they arrive?
2. Bill has gone out. What time ________________
3. I’ve seen Carol. When _______________________
4. She’s left her job. When _____________________
Упражнение 10. В следующих предложениях укажите, правильны ли формы подчеркнутых глаголов. Если форма неправильна, поставьте нужную форму.
1. Tom arrived last week. – right
2. Have you seen Pam last week? – wrong. Надо: Did you see Pam last week?
3. I have finished my work. _________________________________________
4. I have finished my work at 2 o’clock. ______________________________
5. When have you finished your work? _______________________________
6. George has left school three years ago. _____________________________
7. “Where’s Ann?” “She’s gone to the cinema” __________________________
8. Napoleon Bonaparte has died in 1821. _______________________________
9. Have you ever been to Britain? _______________________________________
10. I haven’t seen you at party on Saturday. _____________________________
11. The weather has been very bad last week. ___________________________
Упражнение 11. Поставьте глаголы в Present Perfect (I have done) или в Past Simple (I did)
1. My friend is writer. She has written (write) many books.
2. We didn’t have (not/have) a holiday last year.
3. Did you see (you/see) Alan last week?
4. I _______________ (play) tennis yesterday afternoon.
5. What time ____________ (you/go) to bed last night?
6. ________________ (you/ever/be) to the United States?
7. My hair is clean. I _____________ (wash) it.
8. I ___________ (wash) my hair before breakfast this morning.
9. When I was child I ____________ (not/like) sport.
10. Ann loves traveling. She ___________ (visit) many countries.
11. John works in bookshop. He ______________ (work) there for three years.
12. Last year we _______________ (go) to Finland for a holiday. We _______ (stay) there for a three weeks.
Упражнение 12. Вставьте пропущенные слова: was, left, started, has been, went
A. Angela Thomas (1) was born in Bristol in the south-west of England. She (2) started school when she (3) _______ years old. She (4) ________ at school for twelve years. When she (5) _________ school she (6) _______________ to the London College of Medicine. She (7) ____________ there for eight years. Then she (8) _______________ the College and (9) _______________ her work as a doctor in a London hospital. She is still in London. She (10) ____________ there for twelve years. She is still a doctor in the same hospital, too. She (11) ____________ a doctor there for four years now.
B. Закончите вопросы, используя слова: when, how old, where, how long. Напишите также ответы.
(1) Where was Angela born? – In (2) Bristol.
(2) ____________ in Bristol? - It’s in the (4) _____________ of (5) ___________
(6) __________ did Angela start school? When she was (7) _____________ years old.
(8) __________ was she at school? For (9) _______ years.
(10) _________ was she when she left school?
She was (11) __________ years old.
(12) ____________ was she at medical college?
For (13) _________ year.
(14) __________ did she start work as a doctor?
When she was (15) _____________ years old.
(16) _________ has she been in London?
For (17) ___________ years.
(18) _____________ has she been a doctor at the hospital?
For (19) _________ years.
(20) ________ she is now? She is (21) ___________ years old.
Упражнение 13. Поставьте в нужную форму глаголы в скобках. Перепишите письмо и переведите его на русский язык.
Dear Jan and Phil,
We (have) __________ a wonderful holiday. This really is a great place. I (never be) __________ anywhere like it before. People are friendly, the food is great, and the weather’s a lot better then at home. We (be) ________ here for ten days now, and we (have) _________ sun every day. Can you (believe) ______ it?
I (swim) _______ two or three times a day, but Bill just (spend) ____________ all his time lying on the beach with his eyes closed. Sometimes he (write) __________ a postcard, but then he (forget) _________ to post it.
Last Saturday I (get) _________ on a bus and (go) ________ to the north end of the island. It (be) __________ very beautiful. Tomorrow we (go) ______________ to the east coast (see) _________ some of old villages, if Bill (wake) __________ up in time. And next week, if the weather (be) _________ still nice, I (think) ________ I (do) _________ some walking in the mountains.
Love to Joe and the family. See you soon, I (hope) ___________.
2.Modal Verbs. Модальные глаголы.
Упражнение 1. Закончите предложения, используя can или can’t и один из следующих глаголов
come, find, hear, see, speak
1. I’m sorry, but we can’t come to your party next Saturday.
2. She got the job because she _______ five languages.
3. You are speaking very quietly. I ____________ you.
4. Have you seen my bag? I _______________ it.
5. I like this hotel room. You ______________ the mountains from the window.
Упражнение 2. Закончите предложения. Используйте can’t или couldn’t и один из следующих глаголов
eat, go, go, see, sleep, understand
1. I was tired but I couldn’t sleep.
2. She spoke very quickly. I _____________ her.
3. His eyes are not very good. He ____________ very well.
4. I wasn’t hungry yesterday. I _______________ my dinner.
5. He ____________ to the concert next Saturday. He’s working.
6. He ____________ to the meeting last week. He was ill.
Упражнение 3. Вставьте: can, could, was able to, can’t, couldn’t или wasn’t able to
I’m very pleased you (1) can come to stay at the weekend. I’m sorry (2) _________ talk to you on the phone yesterday but I (3) ______________ leave the baby. I (4) ___________ get ticket for the theatre on Saturday I (5) ____________ wait to go. Mom says that when she was young you (6) ___________ have a night out for ?21. You certainly (7) ____________ now! We (8) __________ fix our car yet, but Mom says we (9) __________ borrow hers. By the way, the baby (10) ____________ says three new words! See you Friday.
Упражнение 4. Напишите предложения, используя may
1. (perhaps I will go to the cinema) I may go to the cinema.
2. (perhaps Kay will be late) Kay ______________________________
3. (perhaps it will snow today) It ______________________________
4. (perhaps I will see Tom tomorrow) I_________________________
5. (perhaps I will wear my new jeans) I_________________________
Напишите отрицательные предложения
6. (perhaps they will not come) ___________________________________
7. (perhaps I will not go out tonight) ______________________________
Упражнение 5. Ответьте на вопросы, употребляя may и одно из следующих выражений:
go away, some shoes, Spain, fish, this evening, to a restaurant, tomorrow
1. Where are you going for your holidays next year? I’m not sure yet. I may go to Spain.
2. Where are you going tonight? I don’t know yet. I _______________________
3. When will you see Ann again? I’m not sure. I ___________________________
4. What are you going to buy when you go shopping? I don’t know now. I ___________________
5. What are you doing at the weekend? __________________________________
6. When are you going to phone John? ___________________________________
7. What are you going to have for dinner tonight? _________________________
Упражнение 6. Что Вы собираетесь делать завтра? Напишите ответы, используя I’m (not) going to или I may.
1. (watch television) I’m not going to watch television.
2. (write a letter) I may write a letter.
3. (get up early) I __________________________________________________
4. (go to the cinema) ________________________________________________
5. (have a bath) _____________________________________________________
6. (buy a newspaper) ________________________________________________
7. (play tennis) ______________________________________________________
8. (make a telephone call) ____________________________________________
Упражнение 7. Закончите предложения. Используйте must и один из следующих глаголов:
be, buy, go, help, hurry, learn, meet, phone, read, wash, win, go
1. We must go to the bank today. We haven’t got any money.
2. I ________________ I haven’t got much time.
3. She’s a very interesting person. You _______________ her.
4. I forgot the phone Dave last night. I ____________ him today.
5. You _____________ to drive. It’s very useful.
6. This is an excellent book. You ________________ it.
7. We ________________ some food. We’ve got nothing for dinner.
8. I _______________ to the post office. I need some stamps.
9. My hair is dirty. I ________________ it.
10. I have a big problem. You __________________ me.
11. The game tomorrow is very important for us. We __________________
12. You can’t always have things immediately. You ______________ patient.
Упражнение 8. Вставьте must или had to.
1. I had to go to the bank yesterday to get some money.
2. The windows were very dirty yesterday. I ____________ clean them.
3. The windows are very dirty. I __________________ clean them.
4. I ________________ get up early tomorrow. I’ve got a lot to do.
5. Come on! We __________ hurry. We haven’t got much time.
6. We arrived home very late last night. We ___________wait half an hour for a taxi.
7. These cakes are very nice. You ____________ have on.
8. Ann came to the party but she didn’t stay very long. She _______ leave early.
9. He didn’t know how to use the machine. I ____________ show him.
10. I was nearly late for my appointment this morning. I __________ run to get there on time.
Упражнение 9. Закончите предложения. Используйте mustn’t или needn’t и один из глаголов:
be, busy, clean, hurry, lose, take, tell, wait
1. The windows aren’t dirty. You needn’t clean them.
2. I must hurry. I mustn’t be late.
3. The letter is very important. You __________ it.
4. We have a lots of time. We ______________.
5. We _____________ an umbrella. It’s not going to rain.
6. You _____________ a newspaper. You can have mine.
7. This is a secret. You _____________ anybody.
8. I’m not ready yet but you ___________________ for me. You go now and I’ll come later.
Упражнение 10. Закончите предложения, используя have to или has to и один из глаголов:
do, read, speak, travel, wear
1. My eyes are not very good. I have to wear glasses.
2. At the end of the course, all the students ___________ a test.
3. Mary is studying literature. She ____________ a lot of books.
4. He doesn’t understand much English, so I ____________ very slow to him.
5. George is not often at home. He ____________ a lot in his job.
Упражнение 11. Закончите предложения. Используйте have to или had to и один из глаголов:
to walk, to get up, to go, to buy, to change, to answer
1. There were no buses yesterday evening. I had to walk home.
2. I’m going to bed early tonight. I ____________ up early tomorrow morning.
3. It’s late. I ______________ now. I’ll see you tomorrow.
4. I went to supermarket after work because I ____________ some food.
5. This train doesn’t go to London. You __________ at Bristol.
6. We did an exam yesterday. We ____________ six questions out of ten.
Упражнение 12. Составьте вопросы. Используйте настоящее и прошедшее время.
1. I have to get up early tomorrow. What time do you have to get up?
2. They had to leave early. Why ___________________________________
3. We had to pay a lot of money. How much ___________ you ___________?
4. I have to go home now. Why ____________________________________
5. We had to wait a long time. How long ___________________________
6. John has to work this evening. Why _____________________________
Упражнение 13. Напишите предложения с don’t/doesn’t/didn’t have to
1. Why are you going home now? You don’t have to go home now.
2. Why is she waiting? She doesn’t _____________________________
3. Why did you get up so early? You ____________________________
4. Why do you want to decide now? We _________________________
5. Why does he work so hard? He _______________________________
Упражнение 14. Вставьте have to/has to/had to или must
1. It’s a fantastic film, you must /or have to/ see it.
2. In many countries men have to do military service.
3. Ann is nurse. Sometimes she _____________ work at weekend.
4. I didn’t have any money with me, so I ____________ borrow some.
5. You can’t park here for nothing. You ________________ pay.
6. I eat too much chocolate. I really __________________ stop.
7. In tennis you ________________ hit the ball over the net.
3.Способы выражения будущего времени. Употребление времен в придаточных предложениях времени и условия
Упражнение 1. Напишите вопросы. Все предложения относятся к будущему времени
(you/go/out tonight) Are you going out tonight?
(what/you/do/tomorrow evening) What _________________________
(what time/Bob and Sue/come) _________________________________
Упражнение 2. Напишите предложения, используя слова, данные в скобках. Все предложения должны относиться к будущему времени
1. (I/not/go out/tonight) I’m not going out tonight.
2. (I/meet/my friends this evening) I ______________________________
3. (Tom/not/come/to party on Thursday) Tom _____________________
4. (my sister/get/married next December) My ______________________
5. (I/not/go/to London tomorrow) __________________________________
6. (what time/you/leave/tomorrow) _________________________________
7. (when/they/get married) _________________________________________
Упражнение 3. Составьте вопросы, используя выражение “…going to…”
1. (what/you/wear/to the party?) What are you going to wear to the party?
2. (when/you/visit me again?) __________________________________________
3. (what time/Tom/phone you tonight?) _________________________________
4. (how long/your friends/stay here?) ___________________________________
5. (what time/you/get up tomorrow?) ____________________________________
Упражнение 4. Закончите предложения, используя выражение “…going to…” и один из данных глаголов:
eat, give, lie, rain, walk, wash
1. My hair is dirty. I’m going to wash it.
2. I don’t want to go home by bus. I ______________________________________
3. Take an umbrella with you. It __________________________________________
4. I’m hungry. I __________________________________ this sandwich.
5. It’s Ann’s birthday next week. We _______________________ her a present.
6. I feel tired. I __________________________ down for an hour.
Упражнение 5. Напишите отрицательные предложения
1. You’ll sleep. You won’t sleep.
2. I’ll forget. I _________________________
3. It will happen. ______________________
4. I’ll find it. ___________________________
5. She’ll be in Rome tomorrow. _________________________
Упражнение 6. Напишите предложения, начинающиеся со слов I think. Все предложения должны относиться к будущему времени.
1. (Diana/pass the exam) I think Diana will pass the exam.
2. (Jack/win the game) I think ______________________________
3. (Ann/ like her present) I think ____________________________
4. (the weather/be nice tomorrow) I think _____________________
5. (they/get married) I think __________________________________
6. (I/be at home this evening) I think __________________________
Упражнение 7. Закончите предложения, используя выражение I think I’ll… или I don’t think I’ll и один из глаголов:
buy go have play
1. It’s cold. I don’t think I’ll go out.
2. I’m hungry. I think ___________ something to eat.
3. I feel tired. I don’t _____________ tennis.
4. This dress is too expensive. I ______________ it.
Упражнение 8. Прочтите и переведите диалог.
Alec: I’m going to hitchhike round the world.
Bess: Oh, that’s very dangerous.
A: No, it isn’t. I’ll be all right.
B: Where will you sleep?
A: Oh, I don’t know. In cheap hotels.
B: You’ll get lost.
A: No, I won’t.
B: You won’t get lifts.
A: Yes, I will.
B: What will you do to get money?
A: I’ll take money with me.
B: You’ll haven’t got enough.
A: If I need money, I’ll find jobs.
B: Well… are you sure you’ll be all right?
A: Of course I’ll be all right.
Упражнение 9. Выберите правильную форму глагола:
1. If I don’t feel/won’t feel well tomorrow, I stay/I’ll stay at home.
2. If the weather is/will be nice tomorrow, we can go to the beach.
3. It will be difficult to find the hotel if we arrive/we’ll arrive late.
4. The alarm will ring if there is/will be fire.
5. I’m/I’ll be surprised if they get/they’ll get married.
6. Do you go/will you go to the party if they invite/they’ll invite you?
Упражнение 10. Вставьте if или when.
1. If I’m late this morning, don’t wait for me.
2. _____ I don’t see you tomorrow, I’ll phone ypo.
3. Do you mind _______ I close the window?
4. _______ I get up in the morning, I usually drink a cup of coffee.
5. Have something to eat. _______ you don’t eat now, you’ll be hungry later.
6. John is still at school. _______ he leaves school, he wants to go to university.
7. Be careful. ________ you aren’t careful, you’ll fall.
Упражнение 11. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в нужном времени (настоящем или будущем)
1. When he (return) I’ll give him the key.
2. He’ll be ready as soon as you (be).
3. I’ll stay in bed till the clock (strike) seven.
4. She will be delighted when she (hear) this.
5. When the laundry comes I (have) some clean handkerchief.
6. I shan’t buy tomatoes till the price (come) down.
7. Stay here till the lights (turn) green.
8. When it (get) cold I’ll light the fire.
9. The lift (not start) until you press that button.
10. She’ll have to behave better when she (go) to school.
11. When you look at yourself in the glass you (see) what I mean.
12. He (be) here before you go.
13. I (lend) your cassette recorder whenever you want it.
14. He (wake) up when we turn the lights on.
15. He (ring) us up when he arrives in England?
16. He will wash up before he (go) to bed?
17. I won’t come to London till the bus strike (be) over.
18. I (give) the children their dinner before he (come) home.
19. They will be astonished when they (see) how slow he works.
20. I’ll pay you when I (get) my cheque.
21. I (go) on doing it until he tells me to stop.
22. I’ll buy that house when I (have) enough money.
23. You (fall) rapidly through the air till you parachute opens.
24. We’ll have to stay here till the tide (go) out.
25. When the Queen (arrive) the audience will stand up.
26. When the fog (lift) we’ll be able to see where we are.
27. The refrigerator (go on) making that noise till we have it repaired.
28. As soon as the holidays begin this beach (become) very crowded.
29. The car (not move) till you take the brake off.
30. The alarm bell (go on) ringing till you press this button.
31. As soon as she (learn) to type I’ll get her a job.
32. Look before your (leap). (proverb)
33. We (have) to stay on this desert island till we can repair our boat.
34. Don’t count on salary increase before you actually (get) it.
35. When winter (begin) the swallows will fly away to the warmer country.
36. We can’t make any decisions till he (arrive) here.
Упражнение 12. Поставьте глагол во времени Present Indefinite или Future Indefinite. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. If you press that button, you will get a cup of coffee (press, get).
2. If it ________, we _________ the party inside (rain, have).
3. If I _________ time, I _________ and see you (have, come).
4. I __________ you if I __________ help (tell, need).
5. I hope you ____________ and see us if you ___________ in Chicago again (come, be).
6. If you ____________ that door, you _____________ something strange (open, see).
7. I ______________ surprised if she _______________ before 7 o’clock (be, arrive).
8. If you ______________ fast, we _______________ time to play a game of tennis (eat, have).
9. If you ____________ up early tomorrow, I ___________ you swimming (get, take).
10. I _____________ my car if I _______________ to live in London (sell, go).
Упражнение 13. Напишите предложения, начинающиеся с if
we don’t hurry please come in quickly
I can get a flight I’m not going to work
if + you come home later tonight + we’ll be late
I don’t feel well tomorrow I’ll try to help you
you have some problems I’ll fly home on Sunday
1. If we don’t hurry, we’ll be late.
2. If I can ___________________________
3. If _________________________________
4. If _________________________________
5. If _________________________________
Упражнение 14. напишите предложения с if середине
I can understand you you don’t wear a coat
It will be nice you don’t pass your exam
You’ll be cold if you explain the problem to them
What are you going to do you speak slowly
I’m sure they’ll understand you can come to the party
1. I can understand you if you speak slowly.
2. It _______________________________________
3. You’ll ____________________________________
4. What ____________________________________
5. I’m ______________________________________
Измените предложения, поставив глагол в пассивном залоге.
Example: Somebody built this house in 1930. – This house was built in 1930.
1. Somebody cleans the room every day. __________________________________
2. They cancelled all flights because the fog. ______________________________
3. People don’t use this road very often. __________________________________
4. Somebody accused me of stealing money. ______________________________
5. How do people learn languages? _______________________________________
6. People advised us not to go out alone. __________________________________
7. The company employs two hundred people. ____________________________
8. A loud noise woke us up during the night. ______________________________
9. Somebody locks the park gates at 6.30 p.m. ____________________________
10. I posted the letter a week ago. _________________________________________
11. Somebody has cleaned the room. ______________________________________
12. They have postponed the concert. _____________________________________
13. Somebody is using the computer at the moment. ______________________
14. I didn’t realise that somebody was recording our conversation. _________
15. They are building a new ring road round the city. ______________________
16. They have built a new hospital near the airport. _______________________
17. Somebody will clean the windows later. _______________________________
Упражнение 15. Измените предложения, поставив глагол в пассивном залоге.
1. The gardener had planted some trees. Some trees have been planted by the gardener.
2. Doctor Brown will gave you some advice.
3. A famous designer will redecorate the hotel.
4. Steven Spielberg directed the film.
5. Someone has broken the crystal vase.
6. Fleming discovered penicillin.
7. They will advertise the product on television.
8. They often remake films.
9. He gave me a present.
10. The waiter will bring us the bill.
Упражнение 16. Используя пассивный залог, поставьте вопросы к выделенным словам
1. Columbus discovered America. Who was America discivered by?
2. We keep money in a safe.
3. They speak Italian in Italy.
4. They took his aunt to hospital.
5. The boys damaged the television.
6. Da Vinci painted the Mona Lisa.
7. He invited 30 people to his party.
8. They grow bananas in Africa.
Упражнение 17. Напишите следующие предложения в пассивном залоге
1. Somebody has stolen a bus from outside the school. Some children saw the thief. The police search for the bus. They will use the children’s description to catch the thief.
2. Someone broke into the local jewellery shop yesterday. The owner locked up this shop but robber with gun threatened him. The robber told him to unlock the shop and give him all diamonds in the safe. Then the robber tied him up. The police organized a search for the robber. They hope they will find him in a few days. Doctors treat the owner of shop for chock.