1. Перепишите следующие предложения во множественном числе.
1. This phone in the office is out of order.
2. That blouse is made of silk.
3. This is an excellent painting.
4. Has he got a camera?
5. My tooth is white.
6. This lady is that gentleman's wife.
7. That is my neighbour's car.
8. There is a match in the box.
9. Has this lady a knife?
10. This shoe is too large for my foot.
Перепишите следующие предложения, используя притяжательный падеж.
1. The voice of this girl.
2. The letter of Pete.
3. The flat of my sister is large.
4. The children of my brother are at home.
5. The work of these students is interesting.
6. The handbags of these women.
7. The toys of children are in the box.
8. This is an arm-chair of my granny.
9. This is the favourite cake of my mother.
10. These are the dictionaries of the students.
Исправьте ошибки, обращая внимание на употребление местоимений
1. I wanted to tell himself my story.
2. He can do it him.
3. Give her these toys.
4. Не has known her since her childhood. She is a friend of oneself.
5. He car has been stolen.
6. I can't find my keys. Where are them?
7. I am looking for my sweater. Have you seen them?
Письменно переведите следующие предложения на английский язык, обращая внимание на употребление оборотов there is/there are
1. В компьютере много документов.
2. В сумке этого ученика несколько учебников.
3. В магазине много продуктов.
4. На этом диске одна иностранная песня и пять русских.
5. Во дворе стоит много машин.
6. В школьной библиотеке есть отдел иностранной литературы.
7. В комнате ученика стоит компьютер.
Дополните следующие предложения, обращая внимание на употребление местоимений и глагола to be
1. Where _students? They _ in the dining room.
2. What _ your father? He _ a worker.
3. _ she at the office? Now, she _ not here. She _ here yesterday.
4. Where _you born? I _ born in St. Petersburg.
5. It _ cold day yesterday. The temperature was 205 degrees below zero.
6. What time _ he here yesterday?
7. What colour _ his jacket? It _ brown.
8. "What _ their names?" "Ira and Max"
9. Where _ уour flat? It _ in the next street.
10. Where _ they yesterday?
Раскройте скобки, обращая внимание на употребление времен Present Continuous, Present Simple.
1. What (she / sing) now?
2. My brother (help) my mother about the house every week.
3. What (you / cook)?
4. Sometimes they (prepare) supper together.
5. Pierre (smoke) twenty cigarettes a day, but he (not smoke) now because he is in class.
6. Alice and Peter (look) for a new house. They (not like) living in London.
7. I always (wear) nice clothes for work. Today I (wear) a blue jacket and skirt.
8. Why you (go) to bed? It's only 10.00. I always (go) to bed early.
9. Jane (work) in a bank, but today she's at home. She (write) letters.
10. Jack usually (take) his son to the kindergarten, but today Jane (take) him to the kindergarten.
Прочитайте и переведите письменно текст.
BECOMING A WOMAN IN JAPAN
In Japan, both men and women go to university and both men; women study arts subjects such as English. But very few woman study sciences, medicine or engineering. In engineering classes of thirty or forty students, there may be only one or two women. Men and women both go to university in order to get good jobs: men want to work for a big company, be successful, earn a lot of money and support a family; women, on the other hand, want to work for a big company because they have a better chance of meeting a successful man and getting married. This is changing, however, and Japanese women are beginning to think about themselves. They are beginning to look for a job because they like it rather than because they hope to find a good husband.
Men have a job for the whole of their lives and usually stay with the same company. A woman may work for up to ten years, but after that she usually marries. Most women are married by the age of 27, then they stay at home and look after the children. A man might not mind if his wife goes to work, but she must look after everything in the house as well. A man does not cook or look after the children. When he comes home his meal must be ready. The woman may go out in the afternoon, shopping with her friends or just to have a chat, but she must be at home by four o'clock to prepare the meal. Then she may have to wait for a long time for her man to come home. Often he has to go out for a drink after work, if he doesn't he may not rise very high in the company. The man does not come home until eleven o'clock or later. After her children are grown up, a woman can go back to work, but it is not easy. If her old company takes older women back, she might be lucky. But most women find it difficult to get a good job when they are older.
Письменно ответьте на следующие вопросы.
1. What education do Japanese men and women usually get?
2. Why do men and women try to find work in a big company?
3. Who usually supports a family?
4. By what age do Japanese women usually get married?
5. What are women's duties after marriage?
Задайте вопросы к предложению (общий, разделительный, специальные (4)):
The man does not come home until eleven o'clock or later.