Контрольные по английскому
Контрольные по английскому решают в Москве и Санкт-Петербурге, Ярославле и Тольятти, Краснодаре и Нижнем Новгороде. Чтобы правильно решить задания по английскому языку нужно выучить все необходимые темы.
1. Прочтите и устно переведите с 1-го по 3-й абзацы текста. Перепишите и письменно переведите 2-й и 3-й абзацы.
СН. V. RAMAN (1888-1970)
1. Raman was an Indian physicist, pre-eminent in molecular spectroscopy and acoustics. He Created the Indian Academy of Sciences in 1934 and was its president until his death in 1970. He was justly considered as the lather or Indian science and the Indian Government honoured him with the first of its National Professorships. In 1957 he became an International Lenin Peace Prize Winner.
2.The son of a teacher and lecturer, Raman entered the College in Madras in 1903 and achieved the highest distinctions in the examinations for scientific degrees. As scientific research was at this time almost completely neglected in India, he then entered the Civil Service and was appointed to a position in the Finance Department in 1907. He retained this employment for ten years, mostly in Calcutta. When he was eighteen years old he published his first original optical research in the "Philosophical Magazine". He continued scientific work in his spare time: some thirty papers testified to his ability and energy and helped to make his name familiar to scientists in Europe and America.
3. In 1917 Raman was offered the professorship of physics at the Calcutta University. He occupied the chair6 from 1917 to 1933. Raman brought to Calcutta many talented young Indians to undertake research into optical phenomena, acoustics and other branches of physics.
4. During the years in Calcutta Raman emerged as a truly international figure. In 1930 he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics (for his work on the scattering of light and for the discovery of the effect named after him) Raman was honoured by universities and scientific institution in the Soviet Union, Europe and America as well as in his own country.
2. Прочтите 4-й абзац текста и вопрос к нему. Из приведенных вариантов ответа укажите номер предложения; содержащего правильный ответ на поставленный вопрос:
Why was Raman honoured by many universities and scientific institutions of different countries?
1 because he was awarded the Nobel Prize.
2.... because be brought to Calcutta many young talented Indians.
3.... because of his work on the scattering of light and for the discovery of an effect named after him.
3. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните в каждом из них глагол-сказуемое и определите его видо-временную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык. В разделе (б) обратите внимание на перевод пассивных конструкций.
а) 1. Quantum mechanics has greatly influenced the nuclear theory.
2. The problem of the structure of matter is constantly occupying the minds of many scientists.
b) 1. Today many polymeric materials are produced on a massive scale.
2. Мany compounds can be decomposed when they are acted upon by different forms of energy.
4.Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните Participle I и Participle II и установите функции каждого из них, т.е. укажите, является ли оно определением, обстоятельством или частью глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Natural rubber is a thermoplastic that becomes soft when heated and hard when cooled.
2. Matter composed of any chemical combination of elements is called a compound.
3. The smallest particle having all the characteristics of an element is called an atom.
4. While bombarding the upper layers of the atmosphere, cosmic rays reach the surface of the earth.
5. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните в каждом из них модальный глагол или его эквивалент. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Heat can be divided into three different types.
2. A great number of plastics should find their applications in the electrical industry.
3. Chemical means had to be used for the separation of compounds into their elements.
4. The existence of an X-ray laser in the future may be possible.