Контрольные по английскому
Контрольные работы по английскому языку нужны, чтобы проверить знания.
1. Прочтите и письменно переведите текст
The word comedy comes from the Greek word, which means merrymaking.
Comedy is a form of drama that deals with humorous or ridiculous situations and has a happy ending. But even in the midst of laughter, comedy can raise surprisingly serious problems.
Greek playwrights never mixed tragedy and comedy in the same play. Greek Old Comedy, as the comic plays of the 400’s BC are called, was outspoken and bawdy.
The only surviving comedies are by Aristophanes. His plays reflect the spirit of Athens at that time, with the Athenians’ sense of freedom, vitality, and high spirits, and their ability to laugh at themselves.
After Athens was defeated in the Peloponnesian War in 404 BC, there was less freedom of speech. Old Comedy, with its elements of political and social satire, was no longer permitted by the government.
Comedy revived in Athens in the late 300’ BC, but it changed so much that it was called New Comedy. New Comedy dealt mostly with the everyday life of middle-class Athenians. Private intrigues replaced the political and social satire of Old Comedy.
With the decline of Greek civilization, drama fell into decay. It was revived in Rome and the Romans plays were modeled on the Greek. The Romans liked comedy and disliked tragedy. Plautus and Terence, Ancient Roman playwrights wrote situation comedies from everyday life.
Their plays were of high standard, but in course of time the comedies of Rome became coarse and vulgar. The early Christian fathers, horrified by the indecency of the Roman plays, finally closed down all the theatres in the empire.
2. Ответьте на вопросы по тексту
1) What language does the word comedy come from?
2) What does this word mean in Greek?
3) What is the difference between comedy and tragedy endings?
4) What was Old Comedy?
5) What was New Comedy?
6) Were Roman plays modeled in the Greek?
7) Why were all the theatres in the empire closed by the early Christian fathers?
8) What were the well-known Greek playwrights?
3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в одном из следующих времен: Present Simple, Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Continuous, Past Continuous, Present Perfect.
1) When Anna (to have breakfast) every day?
2) Last week she (to write) a story about her pet.
3) You (to come) to my place next week?
4) I (not to play) the guitar now.
5) When I (to come) home yesterday my sister (to sleep).
6) They (to pay) the electric bill this month?
7) When I (to enter) the kitchen, I (to see) that my mother (to stand) at the table and (to cut) some cabbage. She (to cook) dinner.
8) Nowadays cars (to get) more and more expensive.
4. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Active Voice или Passive Voice.
1) Budapest (to divide) by the Danube into two parts: Buda and Pest.
2) Yuri Dolgoruki (to found) Moscow in 1147.
3) We (to call) Zhukovski the father of Russian aviation.
4) He (to give) me this book next week.
5) The letter (to receive) tomorrow.
6) Hockey (to play) in winter.
7) Mushrooms (to gather) in autumn.
8) The porter (to bring) your luggage to your room.
5. Поставьте слова в правильном порядке, чтобы получились грамматически правильные вопросительные предложения.
1) Where is the hotel?
2) What is the capital of the USA?
3) How often do you go to the cinema?
4) How often do you see your friends?
5) Are you doing your English homework?
6) Where did you go on holiday last year?
7) When did you visit your grandmother?
8) When will you pass your exams?
6. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя модальные глаголы.
1) Я умею говорить по-английски.
2) Она не может вас понять.
3) Я умею пользоваться компьютером.
4) Можно мне войти?
5) Мы должны упорно работать над своим английским.
6) Ты должен делать уроки каждый день.
7) Мы не должны забывать о своих родителях.
8) Ты умеешь говорить по-французски?
7. Вставьте модальные глаголы may (might), can (could).
1) Can you help me?
2) You can read this book: you know the language well enough.
3) The school was silent: nothing could be heard in the long dark corridors.
4) Waiting may be endless, you know.
5) There might be no doubt about it.
8. Передайте следующие предложения в косвенной речи.
1) Oleg said: “My room is on the second floor”.
2) Tom said: “I have already had breakfast”.
3) The teacher said: “We shall discuss this subject tomorrow”.
4) Nellie said: “I read “Jane Eyre” last year.”
5) I said to them, “I can give you my uncle address.”
6) “Do you like my pies, Ann?” asked her grandmother.
7) “What did you do at school yesterday, John?” said his father.
8) “Come to my house tomorrow, Jane” said Lena.