Контрольные по английскому играют важную роль при изучении английского языка. Многие студенты решают контрольные работы.
I. Перепишите предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значения слов it, that, one. Определить их функции.
1. Give me the English book, please. - Which one? - The one which is lying on the table.
2. It is this system of powering a car that reduced the emission of poisonous gas 15-20 times.
3. It is recommended to listen to the gramophone records and tape recordings.
II. Перепишите предложения, определите в каждом из них видо-временную форму и залог глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Science has never before played such a role in the history of mankind as it does at present.
2. The road will be built in order to supply the works with fuel.
3. The coffee tree which belongs to the Brazilian tropics has been growing in the Botanical garden since 1954.
4. They were followed by some people whom they did not know.
III. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на функцию инфинитива в предложении. Определите форму и функцию инфинитива.
1. The articles to be found in this magazine will help you to solve the problem you are working at.
2. To calculate the age of our planet one must have much knowledge in different branches of science.
3. We have tested the machine to be put into service the day after tomorrow.
4. They are glad to have passed their examinations with excellent marks.
IV. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на перевод причастных оборотов. Определите вид оборота (зависимый, независимый).
1. The method of work improved by this young worker will increase the output of our plant.
2. Having been compiled so carefully the material did not need any corrections.
3. Plastics are among the most important materials resulting from scientific discoveries of the last hundred years.
4. While making that part of the device he consulted one or two reference books.
V. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст. Задайте 5 вопросов разного типа к тексту.
Congress, the legislative branch of the federal government, is made up of the Senate and the House of Representatives. There are 100 Senators, two from each state. One third of the Senators are elected every two years for six-year terms of office. The Senators represent all of the people in a state and their interests.
The House has 435 members. They are elected every two years for two-year terms. They represent the population of "congressional districts" into which each state is divided. The number of Representatives from each state is based upon its population. For instance, California, the state with the largest population, has 45 Representatives, while Delaware has one. There is no limit to the number of terms a Senator or a Representative may serve.
Almost all elections in the United States follow the "winner-take-all" principle: the candidate who wins the largest number of votes in a Congressional district is the winner.
Congress makes all laws, and each house of Congress has the power to introduce legislation. Each can also vote against legislation passed by the other. Because legislation only becomes law if both houses agree, compromise between them is necessary. Congress decides upon taxes and how money is spent. In addition, it regulates commerce among the states and with foreign countries. It also sets rules for the naturalization of foreign citizens.
I. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык следующие предложения. Помните, что обьектный и субъектный инфинитивные обороты соответствуют придаточным предложениям. Определите вид оборота.
1. We know a vector quantity to be represented by means of a straight line.
2. A large proportion of radium is likely to be lost from sea water.
3. The atmosphere has been proved to extend several hundred kilometers above the earth.
4. Experiments proved heat and other forms of energy to be mutually convertible.
5. The young man stood in the doorway watching him work.
II. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык следующие предложения. Обратите внимание на перевод зависимого и независимого причастного оборотов. Подчеркните обороты, определите его тип.
1. All preparations being made, the party sat down.
2. Having solved the main problem, the scientist made a report on his researches.
3. The article deals with microwaves, particular attention being paid to the radio location.
4. With chromium having been added, strength and hardness of the steel increased.
5. His eyes had the eager and expectant look of a man returning home after a long absence.
III. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык следующие сложные предложения. Обратите внимание на то, как переводятся условные предложения. Определите тип условных предложений.
1. If I have no time this week, I shall not be able to join your excursion.
2. How much time would he spend on this work if he were asked to do it?
3. It was so dark that he would have lost his way if she had not taken him by the hand.
4. If I remind you in a month from now of things you are saying tonight, you will laugh.
5. It would be much more convenient if he were to move to a hotel.