Переводы хорошо выполняет тот, кто хорошо знает лексику английского языка.
Контрольные для студентов
Контрольные по английскому выполняют студенты различных вузов из разных городов страны: Москвы, Санкт-Петербурга, Воронежа, Сызрани, Пскова, Омска и др.
I. Заполните пропуски предлогами.
Используйте предлоги: with, for, in, at, of.
1. I work ... Avtoexport. A lot ... foreign companies are interested in doing business ... us. We have made some contracts ... cars ... a new model lately. Our cars are ... great demand now and we sell them ... high prices.
Используйте предлоги: with , for, of, to.
The other day Mr. Smith ... Black & Co came ... Moscow to have talks ... us. He phoned our secretary and made an appointment ... us ... the next day.
Используйте предлоги: to, of , past, at.
3. He came to see us ... half ... ten. We discussed prices, terms ... payment and delivery. Our terms ... contracts were acceptable ... him.
II. Переведите следующий диалог.
Mr. Tompson of White & Co phones Machinoexport.
Lavrov: Lavrov speaking.
Tompson: Good afternoon, Mr. Lavrov. I' ve received the final reply from our firm. We accept your offer, I' d like to clarify some details. Can we meet on Wednesday?
Lavrov: I' m afraid, that' s impossible. I must go to Kiev for two days and I can see you only on Friday. Is 2 o' clock convenient to you?
Tompson: Yes, it' s OK. One more thing. Will the contract be ready by that time?
Lavrov: Yes, certainly it will.
Tompson: Very good. Thank you. Good bye for now.
Lavrov: Good-bye, Mr. Tompson. See you on Friday.
III. Передайте следующие приказания в косвенной речи пo данному образцу:
Open a Letter of Credit!
He told me (asked me) to open a Letter of Credit.
1. Make an appointment with Mr. X! 2. Reserve accommodation for Mr. Camp! 3. Clarify some matters with your people! 4. Look through the price-list!
IV. Раскройте скобки, употребив нужное по смыслу время. Переведите эти предложения.
It was 8 o'clock in the morning and time for me to go to work. I (to look) out of the window. It (to rain) hard. "You (to get) wet through if you (to go) out now," said my mother. "I (to take) an umbrella." We (to have) several umbrellas in the house, but when I (to want) to take one, I (to find) that there (to be) not one that I could use: they all (to be) torn or broken. So I (to take) them all and (to carry) them to the umbrella maker, saying that I would call for the umbrellas on my way home in the evening. When I (to go) to have lunch in the afternoon, it still (to rain) very hard. I (to go) to the nearest cafe, and (to sit) down at the table. A few minutes later a young woman (to come) in and (to sit) at the same table with me. When I (to finish) my lunch and (to be) ready to leave, I absent-mindedly (to take) her umbrella and (to start) for the exit. She (to stop) me saying that I (to take) her umbrella. I (to return) the umbrella with many apologies. In the evening I (to go) to the umbrella maker, (to take) all my umbrellas and (to get) on the tram to go home. It so happened that the woman I (to meet) in the cafe (to ride) in the same tram. When she (to see) me with all my umbrellas she (to say): "You (to have) a successful day today, (to have not) you?"
V. Раскройте скобки, употребляя эквиваленты модальных глаголов в соответствующем времени.
1. I couldn't meet my friend at the airport, because I (to have) to complete my work. 2. I live near the place of my work so I (not to have) to go to the office on crowded buses. 3. The secretary says the manager (to be able) to receive Mr. Brown only in the afternoon. 4. Lavrov went to Great Britain last week because he (to be) to sign a contract there. 5. He (not to be able) to take part deliveries. 6. You (to have to) clarify some matters with the customers? 7. The clerk said, the plane (to be) to arrive in 2 hours.
VI. Выберите правильный вариант (other, another, the other).
1. What goods do you sell? We sell television equipment, telephone equipment and (another, other) goods. 2. I don`t like this journal. Will you give me (the other, another) one? 3. We are going to send (other, another) enquiry. 4. I`ve not looked through the letter yet. I`ve read (another, other) letters.
VII. Заполните пропуски возвратными или эмфатическими местоимениями (myself, yourself, himself, herself, itself, ourselves, yourselves, themselves).
1. You know, Mary bought ... a new dress yesterday. 2. The secretary says the manager will be able to receive Mr. Brown ... . 3. Jack told me that he was going
to buy a new computer ... . 4. In an hour we found ... at the station. 5. I promise to clarify this matter ... . 6. She ... heard the news. 7. They ... want to study the catalogue.
VIII.Сравните следующие ниже понятия, употребляя конструкции as ... as, not so ... as (not as ... as).
Образец: Saratov is not as large as Moscow.
1. The weather in July and in August (hot). 2. This equipment, that equipment (good). 3. Our offer, their offer (attractive). 4. This order, that order (substantial). 5. Test 4, test 5 (difficult).
IX. Переведите следующий текст.
Corporations need financing for the purchase of assets and the payment of expenses. The corporations can issue shares in exchange for money or property. Sometimes it is called as equity funding. The holders of the shares form the ownership of the company. Each share is represented by a stock certificate, which is negotiable. It means that one can buy and sell it. The value of a share is determined by the net assets divided by the total number of shares outstanding. The value of the share also depends on the success of the company. The greater the success, the more value the shares have.
A corporation can also get capital by borrowing. It is called debt funding. If a corporation borrows money, they give notes or bonds. They are also negotiable. But the interest has to be paid out whether business is profitable or not.
When running the corporation, management must consider both the outflow and inflow of capital. The outflow is formed by the purchase of inventory and supplies, payment of salaries. The inflow is formed by the sale of goods and services. In the long run the inflow must be greater than the outflow. It results in a profit. In addition, a company must deduct its costs, expenses, losses on bad debts, interest on borrowed capital and other items. It helps to determine if the financial management has been profitable. The amount of risk involved is also an important factor. It determines the fund raising and it shows if a particular corporation is a good investment.
X. Задайте 5 вопросов к тексту (общий вопрос, специальный вопрос, альтернативный вопрос, разделительный вопрос, вопрос к подлежащему).