Если вы хотите выполнить контрольные работы правильно, то вам необходимо хорошо знать английский язык.
1. Употребите инфинитив с частицей to или без нее. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) You may (to join) us if you wish.
2) The granny didn’t actually (to see) the child (to take) it.
3) The robber made the teller( to give) him the money.
4) Let her (to do) what she wants (to do).
5) John allowed his daughter (to swim) with her friends.
2. Употребите герундий или инфинитив. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) I admit (to tell/telling) you lies.
2) I am afraid of (to make/making) a big mistake.
3) Do you want (to discuss/discussing) the matter?
4) Нe doesn’t allow (to smoke/smoking) in his office.
5) Donna is interested in (to open/opening) a bar.
3. Преобразуйте предложения согласно образцу и переведите их на русский язык.
Образец The book is not interesting. I shall not read.
If the book were interesting, I should read it.
1) It’s awfully hot. We shan’t go swimming.
2) It’s a nasty day. They won’t go down to Minsk.
3) I have a bad headache. I shall not do the translation tonight.
4) It’s cold. They won’t go for a walk.
5) He has a cold. He won’t go out.
4. Употребите нужную форму глагола в предложениях с реальными и нереальными действиями и условиями. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) If it (to rain) this weekend, we (not to be able) to play tennis.
2) Give me Peter’s letter. If I (to see) him, I (to give) it to him.
3) I have to work many hours a week, so I’m very busy. But if I (to have) any spare time, I (to take up) a sport like golf.
4) If I (to be) taller, I (can) be a policeman, but I’m too short.
5) Please start your meal. If you (not to have) your soup now, it (to go) cold.
5. Выберите слово, чтобы использовать его в соответствующем предложении.
1) The job as a juror is …. .
2) You must use your …. , be fair and honest.
3) It is vital that you must be …. during the case.
4) Your name was selected ….. from voter registration records.
5) The first step in the selection of the trial jury is the selection of a …… .
6) The process of questioning is called … .
7) There are two types of challenges. The first is called a ….. when no reason for the challenge is given.
8) The second type of challenge is called …. .
9) These agreements, called …. can occur at any time.
10) Judges and personnel do whatever they can to minimize the …. before and during the trial.
a) peremptory challenge
b) to decide the facts
c) a challenge for cause
d) common sense
f) at random
g) jury panel
h) Voir Dire
6. Переведите на русский язык.
Customs need not be made by governments, and they need not be written down. We learn how we should behave in society through the instruction of family and teachers, the advice of friends, and our own experiences. Sometimes, we can break these rules and do not suffer any penalty. But if we continually break the rules, or break a very important one, other members of society may criticize us, act violently toward us, or refuse to have anything to do with us. The ways in which people talk, eat and drink, work and relax together are usually guided by many such informal rules which have very little to do with laws created by governments.