Контрольные работы по английскому языку
Вы можете выполнять контрольные работы по английскому самостоятельно, чтобы повысить свой уровень знания по английскому языку. Кроме контрольных необходимо чаще выполнять перевод текстов с английского на русский язык по различным темам.
ЗАДАНИЕ № 1.
Письменно переведите письмо на русский язык:
Thank you for your letter giving us details of the products we enquired about.
The main item we are interested in is the kitchen unit listed in the catalogue under the heading CM214.
Please let us know what your terms of trade are. Could you also tell us if you are able to offer discounts on the price for a large order? We would also be grateful for samples of all materials used in the manufacture of your units.
I am looking forward to your reply.
ЗАДАНИЕ № 2.
Поставьте фразы в нужном порядке, чтобы получить связное письмо и письменно переведите:
1) We thank you for your letter and
2) As to the price
3) We are sending our
4) are pleased to give you all the particulars
5) that the prices for these goods are going up
6) samples by separate mail.
7) concerning the purchase of Chipboard from us.
8) we cannot agree with you that it is high.
9) on the world market and
10) However, as we hope to establish
11) a 5 percent discount.
12) goods are of superior quality
13) Yours truly…
14) close business relations with you we could grant you
15) in our General Terms and Conditions.
16) All other terms are stated
ЗАДАНИЕ № 3.
Заполните пропуски соответствующими глаголами, переписав письмо и письменно переведите:
1. have not arrived 5. found 9. was torn
2. have contacted 6. received 10. were damaged
3. have not had 7. showed
4. have infirmed 8. unpacked
C. R. Mendez S. A.
Avda. Del Ejercito 83 E-48015 Bilbao
The Sales Manager 15 October 20...
Seymore Furniture Ltd.
Berks. SL6 5DS
Dear Mr. Harrison,
I am writing to complain a shipment of office furniture we ___________ yesterday against our invoice no G 3190/1.
The crates ___________ on the outside, and looked as if they had been roughly handled. When we ___________ them, we ___________ that some of the chair legs were bent and rusty, and the fabric on the seating ___________, or ___________ signs of wear.
Two further crates from the consignment ___________ yet, so we ___________ the opportunity of inspecting them. I ___________ the shipping company that we cannot accept this consignment from you, and they ___________ your insurers.
As we will be unable to retail this consignment in our stores, we are returning the shipment to you carriage forward, and we shall expect a full refund.
C. R. Mendez
ЗАДАНИЕ № 4.
Переведите письменно следующий диалог:
Mr. Carrington: Good morning, Mr. Belov.
Mr. Belov: Good morning, Mr. Carrington. Will you take a seat, please?
Mr. Carrington: Thank you.
Mr. Belov: Would you like some coffee?
Mr. Carrington: Yes, please. Well, Mr. Belov, we’ve received your draft contract. It’s quite
acceptable, but I’d like to clarify some points.
Mr. Belov: What are they?
Mr. Carrington: First of all, I must say your CIF terms of delivery don’t suit us.
Mr. Belov: Do you want to have FOB terms?
Mr. Carrington: That would be much better.
Mr. Belov: I think we be able to change the terms of delivery. But I’ll have to contact my
people and discuss this matter with them.
Mr. Carrington: That’s fine. And now let’s get down to the delivery dates. They aren’t quite
Mr. Belov: We are able to deliver the equipment within 10 months from the date of signing
Mr. Carrington: Oh, but could you reduce the delivery period to 8 months? It’s very important.
Mr. Belov: I think we can arrange it and you won’t have to take part deliveries. By the way,
would you like to visit our manufacturing plant and see the equipment in
Mr. Carrington: With pleasure.
Mr. Belov: Then one of our engineers will meet you at the hotel at 10 tomorrow.
Mr. Carrington: That will be fine. Thank you. See you tomorrow.
Mr. Belov: Good-bye, Mr. Carrington
ЗАДАНИЕ № 5.
Перепишите диалог, заполнив пропуски данными ниже выражениями и переведите письменно:
Mr. Brown: Good morning, Mr. Severov.
Mr. Severov: Good morning, Mr. Brown. Happy to meet you again. How are things with you?
Mr. Brown: I’m fine, thank you. And how are you?
Mr. Severov: Pretty well, thanks. How long have you been here?
Mr. Brown: Since Sunday.
Mr. Severov: Where are you staying?
Mr. Brown: ___________ at the Metropol Hotel. We are very comfortable there.
Mr. Severov: That’s nice. How long are you going to stay here?
Mr. Brown: It will ___________ on our discussions. I think we can get down to business.
We’re studied ___________ for the delivery of complete equipment very closely.
Mr. Severov: How do you find them?
Mr. Brown: The equipment suits us, we need it badly and we are prepared ___________.
Mr. Severov: Glad to hear that, Mr. Brown.
Mr. Brown: But I’d like to settle some points first. You see, your price are too high, I’m afraid.
Can you ___________?
Mr. Severov: I don’t think we can do that. Our equipment is ___________ and we have already
sold lots of equipment at these prices to our customers this year.
Mr. Brown: We are ___________ and know that the price ___________. Nevertheless, your
prices are too high.
Mr. Severov: Well, Mr. Brown, we’ll see what we can do about it.
Mr. Brown: Thank you, Mr. Severov. We ___________ with you for more than 6 years and I
hope you will meet our request.
1. in close touch with the world market
2. reduce them
4. your offer and your contract form
5. in great demand
6. we are staying
7. have done business
8. to place a big order
9. have recently gone up
ЗАДАНИЕ № 6.
Поставьте реплики из диалогов в правильном порядке и переведите письменно:
- Have you seen it in operation?
- Yes, we’ve sold it to many firms abroad.
- Yes, we have. Is this model for export?
- Yes, we’ve just seen your display. Your latest model of equipment is excellent.
- Have you been to our pavilion?
- Have you signed the contract yet?
- Yes, we have finished the modifications and are going to deliver the equipment.
- Not yet. We are still discussing the prices.
- Yes, that the problem was settled not long ago.
- Have you studied the manner of payment?
- I hear you are having talks with a delegation from Spain.
- When will the equipment be tasted?
- Yes, certainly.
- Any time.
- When can I visit your manufacturing plant?
- Can you make arrangements for that day?
- I think, next Monday.
ЗАДАНИЕ № 7.
Напишите письмо по образцу и переведите письменно:
Government of Canada 1
Office of the Chairman
Public Service Commission 2
Attention: P. Smith 3
December 8, 1996 4
Dear Sir: 5
Ref: PC Program analyst 6
Yours sincerely, 7
A. Robertson 8
General Services Division
cc: D. Dube 11
1. Большинство писем пишутся на бланках, где уже есть название, адрес, номера телефонов фирмы и прочие данные. Адрес отправителя иногда стоит в конце письма после имени и должности.
2. Адрес того, кому предназначено письмо, размещается сверху слева.
3. Включается в тех случаях, когда письмо отправляется на фирму, но адресовано кому-то лично. Часто пишется на конверте в нижнем левом углу.
4. Обычно пишется следующим образом: March 1, 1995 или 1 March 1995.
5. Начальная фраза.
ЗАДАНИЕ № 8.
Заполните анкету и переведите письменно:
Date of birth _____________________________________________________________________
Place of birth ____________________________________________________________________
Material status ___________________________________________________________________
Russian – excellent good fair
English – excellent good fair
ЗАДАНИЕ № 9.
Заполните пропуски в предложениях подходящими по смыслу словами и переведите письменно:
telegram letter to post receiver e-mail envelope
registered fax correspondence telex layout
1) Abbreviations such as TSK (Thanks) and RGDS (Regards) are common in telexes.
2) ___________ is the way of sending messages between computers.
3) A clear ___________ is very important in a letter.
4) Important documents or valuable items can be sent by ___________ mail – or they can be sent by courier.
5) What impression is given if the addressee’s job title or address are incorrect on the ________?
6) Writing a ___________ in English is much harder than writing one in your own language.
7) When you have written a letter, read it through carefully, trying to put yourself in the place of the ___________, to find out what impression your letter will make.
8) You have no record of receipt except ‘TX DONE’ or ‘STATUS CORRECT’ within don’t tell you if your ___________ has been received intact by the right person.
9) Even business people who don’t actually have to type or word-process letters themselves still usually need to check them through before signing them, so they should be aware of the conventions used in British and American ___________.
10) You have ___________ this letter urgently.
11) In the US you cannot send ___________s from the post office. You go to a telegraph office, such as Western Union.
ЗАДАНИЕ № 10.
Заполните пропуски в предложениях подходящими по смыслу словами и переведите письменно:
extension calling message directory line dial reply
tone ring hang on hearing answering machine phone (number)
1) - Could I speak to Mr. Peterson, please? - ___________ for a moment. I’ll see if he is in.
2) - Sorry, Ann isn’t available at the moment. Can I give her a ___________?
3) Be sure of the number you wish to call, check it in the ___________.
4) - Sorry, I’m tied up at the moment. Could you give me a ___________ a bit later? Looking forward to ___________ from you soon.
5) I can’t hear you, I’m afraid. It’s a bad ___________.
6) (to operator) – Look, I’ve just tried to get hold of Mr. Harper by dialing his ___________ direct but there’s no ___________.
7) - Sorry, this is a wrong ___________.
8) (operator) – I’ll put you through to Ms. Sharp. But you may like to know that you can ___________ her direct if you ring again.
9) This is Helen Kennedy ___________. You can give your message when your hear the ___________. Thanks for ___________.