Английский язык. Помощь с английским языком.
Помощь с английским всегда придет, если вы обратитесь профессионалам.
PRESENT CONTINUOUS – PRESENT SIMPLE
1. Put the verbs in brackets into the present simple or the present continuous
I (write) to you from Canada. 2) I (be) on holiday with my brother.3) We (visit) my parents in beautiful Montreal.
4) It usually (snow) here this time of year, but the weather is lovely and the sun (shine) today. My brother and I (be) very busy this week. There is a big family dinner on Tuesday and we (try) very hard to have everything ready.
My brother (sleep) now and I (listen) to music. We (have) a really good time.
See you soon
2. Tick the correct sentences, as in the example
1) A: It is raining heavily today. ………………………..
B: It rains heavily today. …………………………..
2) A: Frank plays football every weekend.
B: Frank is playing football every weekend.
3) A: The sun is shining at the moment. …………………………..
B) The sun shines at the moment. …………………………
4) A: Jessica is playing the drums in her free time. ………………………
B: Jessica plays the drums in her free time. ……………………
5) A: James usually wears a shirt and tie. ……………………….
B: James is usually wearing a shirt and tie. ………………………
6) A: They do their homework now. ……………………..
B: They are doing their homework now. ………………………..
7) A: Charles catches the bus to work every morning. …………………….
B: Charles is catching the bus to work every morning. …………………
8) A: The children are making a snowman at the moment. …………….
B: The children make a snowman at the moment. ……………..
9) A: It rains in Prague today. ………………….
B: It is raining in Prague today. …………………
10) A: I listen to music every evening. ……………………….
B: I am listening to music every evening. ………………………
3. Fill in the correct form of the verbs below
watch, have, make, play, put on, go
Every winter my sister and I make a snowman. We 1) heavy jackets and gloves and 2) outside. Our mum 3) us from the window and our dad 4) hot chocolate for everybody. Sometimes our mum outside and 5) snowballs with us. We 6) a great time!
B) Fill in the gaps with the correct form on the verbs in brackets.
It’s Sunday today. It is summer and we are all at the beach. Mum
1) (sunbathe) at the moment and dad 2) (read) a book. My sister 3) (not/swim) now. She 4) (have) coffee with a friend. I 5) (wear) my new swimming-costume and I 6) (make) a sandcastle. Everyone 7) (have) fun and 8) (enjoy) the great weather.
PRESENT PERFECT, PAST SIMPLE
1. Put the verbs in brackets into the past simple or the present perfect simple.
Well-known pop singer Zippy Spring 1)...has recently signed…. (recently/sign) a new record deal with Star Records in London.
Zippy’s success (begin) five years ago when he (record) a song which (go) to the top of the charts. However, he (have) a car accident six months ago and (stay) in hospital for a long time.
He (make) his first public appearance three weeks ago and (thank) his fans for all their love and support.
The music he plays (be) popular with older people since the beginning of his career, but recently younger people (start) to take an interest too.
Zippy only (sign) the deal last week but he (already/write) a number of songs for his new record. He (just/announce) that he (start) to plan his next European tour.
2. Underline the correct word.
1. Yes, we have never/already visited the Statue of Liberty.
2. He has been a teacher for/since thirty years.
3. A: Have you talked to Helen?.
B: Yes, I have ever/just called her.
4. No, I have ever/never been to Egypt.
5. Have you never/ever been to a football match?
6. I haven’t finished me homework yet/already.
7. She has lived in Rio for/since 1984.
8. They have already/yet bought a computer.
9. Tracy has never/ever seen snow.
10. Cairo is the best place I’ve never/ever visited.
11. I have been at university already/for three years.
12. The boat to Malta hasn’t left yet/already.
13. Gary hasn’t been abroad for/since last summer.
14. A: Have you packed your suitcase?
B: Yes, I have just/since packed it.
15. I have never/ever travelled by train.
2. Put the verbs in brackets into the past simple or the present perfect simple.
1. A: I …went…(go) to the new gym yesterday.
B: It’s good, isn’t it? I have gone (go) there a few times.
2. A: you (you/write) to Simon lately?
B: Yes, I (write) him a letter last week.
3. A: How long (you/be) married?
B: Only for six months. I (get) married last December.
4. A: I (not/see) Sam for a long time.
B: Really? I (see) him yesterday at the swimming pool.
5. A: (you/type) the report yet?
B: Yes, I (finish) it half an hour ago.
6. A: Mary (know) Steven for six years
B: When (they/meet)?
A: When they (be) at university together.
7. A: (you/ever/play) rugby?
B: Yes, I have. I (play) for the first time last week.
8. A: James (write) a new book last year.
B: I know. I (read) some great reviews about it in the newspaper.
3. Correct the mistakes.
1. We have bought a new sofa last month.
2. Jim lives in Germany for three years.
3. My father has fishing.
4. She is just moved house.
5. We eaten lunch at one o’clock.
6. Sophie has do her homework.
7. Ann and Tim got married ten years ago.
8. I am at school since nine o’clock.
4. Fill in the gaps with have/has been (to) or have/has gone (to).
1. ‘Where are Tom and Lucy?’ ‘They …have gone to… the theatre.’
2. I don’t live in London. I have only been there once.
3. I am alone in the house. My parents have gone on holiday.
4. ‘Is Philip at home?’ ‘No, he has gone to work.’
5. My friend wants us to go on holiday to Madrid this summer, but I have already been there.
6. Anita has just come home. She has been to the theatre.
7. ‘Where are Julia and Dave?’ ‘They have gone to the sports centre with their friends.’
SPEAKING ABOUT FUTURE
1. Fill in with or the correct form of be going to or future simple.
1. A: I need to go to the dentist.
B: Okay, I’ll drive you there.
2. A: Your shirt is dirty.
B: I know. I am going to wash it later.
3. A: We haven’t got any tomatoes.
B: I know. I am going to buy some this afternoon.
4. A: I don’t understand this exercise!
B: Don’t worry, I’ll help you.
5. A: Why are you so excited?
B: I am going to buy some new clothes next week.
6. A: It’s hot in here.
B: I’ll open the window
7. A: I can’t do this puzzle.
B: I’ll show you how to do it.
8. A: I’m not feeling well.
B: I’ll take you to the doctor.
9. A: What are you doing next weekend?
B: I am going to visit my parents.
10. A: There’s something wrong with the car.
B: I’ll call a mechanic.
11. A: Why is she wearing these clothes?
B: She is going to have dinner with Paul.
12. A: What are Sean’s plans for the summer?
B: He is going to work at a restaurant to earn some money.
13. A: What are you looking for?
B: My basketball. I am going to play basketball with Peter.
2. Put the verbs in brackets into the future simple, be going to or the present continuous, as in the example.
1. He likes painting. He is going to be (be) an artist.
2. I’m sure Kelly (let) you borrow her CDs.
3. Look at him! He (fall) off his bike.
4. They (have) dinner at Mario’s on Saturday evening.
5. I can’t see you at the weekend. I (visit) my parents.
6. I’m cold. I (put on) my jacket.
7. He (meet) Lisa for coffee at noon.
8. I (fly) to Madrid next month.
9. Don’t worry, I (call) the plumber for the dishwasher.
1. Read the dialogue below and fill in can, can’t, must or mustn’t.
Teacher: Okay children, today we are going to visit the zoo and there are some rules we 1) follow. First, you 2) feed the animals.
Student: 3) we touch the animals?
Teacher: No, you! You are not allowed to touch the animals because it’s dangerous.
Student: 5) we take pictures of the animals?
Teacher: Yes, you 6). You can take pictures but you 8) bother them.
Student: 9) we go anywhere we want?
Teacher: No! everyone 10) stay close to me.
2. Fill in can, can’t, could or couldn’t.
1. Michael use a computer when he was two but he can now.
2. Sally is from Paris. She speak French.
3. you play football when you were five?
4. I go to the cinema. I study for a test.
5. Paul is a chef. He make many delicious dishes.
6. I lost my keys and I find them anywhere.
7. I count when I was three but I now.
8. you ride a bicycle when you were four?
3. Complete the sentences. Use mustn’t or needn’t + one of these verbs:
be buy clean hurry lose stick take tell wait
1. The windows aren’t dirty. You …needn’t clean… them.
2. I must hurry. I …mustn’t be… late.
3. This letter is very important. You _ it.
4. We have lots of time. We _.
5. We _ an umbrella. It’s not going to rain.
6. This is a secret. You _ anybody.
7. You _ a newspaper. You _have mine.
8. I’m not ready yet but you needn’t wait for me. You go now and I’ll come later.
9. (a parent speaking to a child) You _ your tongue out at people. It’s not polite.
4. Fill in must or mustn’t.
1. It’s cold. You _leave without your jacket.
2. You _ eat fruit and vegetables to stay healthy.
3. I _ go to the post office. I have a letter to send.
4. You _ speak rudely to your parents.
5. You _park here – it’s illegal.
6. We _ hurry or we’ll miss the bus.
1. Fill in the gaps with at, on or in where necessary.
1. Mr. Simpson is arriving …on… Friday.
2. I like walking in the park _ hot days.
3. The accident happened _yesterday evening.
4. I am very busy _the moment.
5. Tom plays tennis _every Sunday.
6. The bus leaves _ ten minutes.
7. They were at the zoo _ this morning.
8. I have a doctor’s appointment _today.
9. They played tennis _last Saturday.
10. We can go to the beach _ Sunday.
11. My family have lunch _noon.
12. We give presents _ Christmas.
13. Don’t forget to call Jill _ tonight.
14. The farmer woke up _ dawn and fed the chickens.
15. Jason was fast asleep _ midnight.
2. Underline the correct word(s).
1. I’m studying French on/in/at school.
2. Your shoes are under/between/at the bed.
3. The cat is lying among/in front of/at the fire.
4. Sue is standing under/at/behind Nancy.
5. The boy is standing on/in/among his friends.
6. Who was that woman behind/under/on your mother?
7. Our house is among/near/in the fire station.
8. He has a computer in front of/on/at his desk.
9. The children are playing at/on/in the garden.
10. The sofa is at/next to/among the table.
11. I sit at/in/between my two best friends in class.
12. George studied History in/on/at the University of Essex.
3. Underline the correct word(s)
1. You must go up/across/into the bridge to get to school.
2. Put the cake into/out of/through the oven.
3. The motorbike is going down/onto/through the tunnel.
4. The children ran onto/out of/over the classrooms when the bell rang.
5. I go to school on/by/onto foot.
6. The pop singer is ready to sing. He is coming through/over/onto the stage.
7. The child is running through/over/across the road.
8. The cat has jumped down/onto/across the car.
9. You must always take off your shoes when you come into/down/round the house.
10. He goes to work by/on/into bus every day.
1. Look at the picture and put the verbs in brackets into the present continuous, present perfect or the be going to form.
1 Father (just/cut) the grass.
2 Mother (sit) on а chair.
3 Grandmother (eat) some cake.
4 Grandfather to paint (paint) the gate.
5 The girl (read) а book.
6 The boy to ride (ride) his bicycle.
7 The dog (eat) а bone.
8 The baby (sleep) in the pram.
2. Choose the correct word.
9 The vase of flowers is on the table.
10 We live in а big house in the city centre.
11 I go to work by car.
12 We always go on holiday in the summer.
13 We arrived home at 9 o'clock last night.
3. Choose the correct answer.
14 Jim………………………………his car every Saturday.
А wash В washes С is washing
15 Sam…………………………..to Spain tomorrow afternoon.
А is flying В flies С has flown
16 Peter………………………………..his homework yet.
А didn't do В has done С hasn't done
17 I hope Paul …………………………… late tonight.
А won't be В wasn't С hasn't been
18 Mary works…………….. а big office. She's а secretary.
А by В in С on
19 Fred and Jane…………………….at home yesterday because it was very cold.
А stays В are staying С stayed
20 I always go shopping………………………Tuesdays.
А on В in С at
21 Peter…………………………the garden, so it looks beautiful now.
А has tidied В will tidy С tidy
4. Correct the mistakes.
22 We go always to the swimming-pool on Saturdays.
23 I didn't wash my hair today.
24 We has already seen that film four times.
25 I will to meet you at the restaurant at 6 o'clock.
26 There are а lot of persons in the street.