Выполняя контрольные по английскому, студенты закрепляют знания полученные на занятиях английского языка.
I. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните в каждом из них сказуемое и определите его видо-временную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык. В разделе (б) обратите внимание на пассивные конструкции, переведите на русский язык.
1. If you are eating a well-mixed diet, you will be getting all the calories you need for good health.
2. Weight loss is not always so simple.
1. The secret of chocolate drink was brought to Europe from Mexico.
2. Your health and general well being is determined by what you eat.
3. The chemical composition of food is being examined now.
II. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните Participle I и Participle II и установите функции каждого из них, т.е. укажите, является ли оно определением, обстоятельством или частью сказуемого. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Do not eat while standing or talking on the telephone.
2. A diet containing the right proportions of the main nutrients is called a balanced diet.
3. Any food eaten between meals is called a snack.
4. Bread has always been a basic food but the amount eaten nowadays is
III. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните в каждом из них модальный глагол или его эквивалент; предложения переведите на русский язык.
1. Obesity must be called the oldest metabolic problem.
2. People may think that if they intake less food, they can get thinner.
3. The energy can also be measured in calories.
4. The company will have to use new technology to make its product competitive.
5. In prehistoric times people ate what they could find by hunting and gathering wild plants.
IV. Переведите текст на русский язык.
EATING FOR GOOD HEALTH
1. Anyone who wants to have an active life must stay healthy and strong. It is never too late to start being healthy. More and more people today are choosing to take greater responsibility for their own health. We now recognize that we can influence our health by making an improvement in life style - a better diet, more exercises and reduced stress. Your health and general well-being is very much determined by what you eat and how even a minor change in your diet can help to strengthen your resistance to many illnesses.
2. You are what you eat, and the food you eat affects the way you feel and the way you look all through your life. Tiredness, aches and pains, stress, even chronic diseases all these can be indications of a diet that is lacking nutrition. But we can't see the results of a bad diet immediately (often the effects take years to develop), few people realize just how closely bodily health is linked to what they eat and how often they eat.
3. Scientists now know that food and its effects are as complex as our own bodies. Of the thousands of chemicals, minerals and vitamins found in a single food, many are potential life-savers or hazards to health, depending on how much is consumed over time. The link between food and health is an every day but complex issue. So, you should learn how to balance your food intake. Small but well - informed changes to your diet will make a great difference to your well-being.
4. By matching your diet to your life style and developing better eating habits both at home and when you eat out, you can keep yourself in the best of health. And also, you have to understand the proper balancing of the social pleasures and of the body. The foods you eat possess powerful capabilities to help and to harm.