Контрольные работы по английскому для студентов
Контрольные работы часто включают в себя тексты для перевода. Это могут быть тексты различной тематики. Контрольные могут включать экономические, юридические и другие тексты.
1. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните в каждом из них глагол-сказуемое и определите его видовременную форму и залог, укажите его инфинитив. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) She turned on the bed-side lamp.
2) All this time the war was drawing steadily nearer.
3) ... people's thoughts were now turned from frivolities to great and serious themes.
4) She was unimpressed by Johnny Heath.
2. Перепишите следующие предложения, определите, является ли выделенное слово причастием действительным или страдательным (Participle I, Participle II), укажите его залог и функцию в предложении (определение, обстоятельство, часть глагола-сказуемого). Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) She put the neatly typed papers in the drawer of the desk.
2) On acquiring thecolony, the English found that the small settlement consumed more tea ... than all of England put together.
3) Tea remained popular in France for only about fifty years, being replaced by a stronger preference for wine, chocolate, and exotic coffees.
3. Перепишите предложения, обращая внимание на особенности перевода выделенных местоимений.
1) Some of them offer sound advice about the psychological aspects of money and spending that you do well to consider.
2) I think it is worth exploring the psychology of money, both within the context of relationships and marriage, and in the context of the process of divorce.
3) What can couples do to enhance communication and reduce conflict between each other?
4) This is often the first step in the necessary process of establishing independence and self-control.
4. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их на русский язык. Укажите функцию инфинитива в предложении.
1) Great Britain was the last of the three great seafaring nations to break into the Chinese and East Indian trade routes.
2) She invited friends to join her for an additional afternoon meal at five o'clock in her rooms at Belvoir Castle.
3) Served in the late afternoon, Victorian ladies could meet for tea and conversation.
4) As the couple starts to accumulate large amounts of debt, marriage problems often surface.
5. Прочитайте текст и выполните его письменный перевод.
Economic Calamity in South America
After years of recession, Argentina suffered its worst economic crisis ever, which began in December 2001 when the nation defaulted on its $155 billion foreign debt payments, the largest such default, in history. In response, Argentina devalued its peso, which had been pegged to the dollar for a decade. The devaluation plunged the banking industry into crisis and wiped out much of the savings of the middle class. Banking and foreign exchange were suspended. Half of Argentina's 36 million now live in poverty, unemployment has reached 22%, and protests and strikes have multiplied. The IMF (International Monetary Fund) has refused to bail out Argentina as it has in past years, insisting that the nation reform its ineffective economic policies first. But the IMF did not present the same tough love policy to Argentina's ailing neighbours: Uruguay received a modest $500 million and Brazil a record $30 billion.
Three nationwide strikes in Venezuela since December 2001 were a massive protest against the increasing authoritarianism of populist president Hugo Chavez; he was reinstated two days later. But while unions, business organizations, the Catholic church, and the media have called for his resignation, Chavez remained enormously popular among the poor, who cling to his unrealized promises to end poverty and corruption.