Английский для студентов
Английский язык учат студенты всех вузов. Чтобы выучить английский язык, необходимо потратить большое количество времени.
I. Перепишите следующие предложения, определите в каждом из них видовременную форму и залог глагола сказуемого. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The radar has been used for the automatic control of transport.
2. Today plastics are being widely used instead of metals.
3. The construction of the bridge has been completed this month.
4. The documents were carefully looked through by the company manager.
II. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значения слов it, that, one.
1. It is the number of electrons within the atom that determines the properties of a substance.
2. The area of Khabarovsk Territory is two times larger than that of Japan.
3. In London one must get used to the left-side traffic.
III. Перепишите предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значения глаголов to be, to have, to do.
1. Some substances do not conduct heat.
2. Our plant is to increase the output of consumer goods.
3. Soon our industry will have new and cheap sources of energy.
4. These computers will have to perform millions of operations per second.
IV. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на бессоюзное подчинение.
1. The dormitory our students live in is situated not far from the university.
2. I think he has made a mistake in his calculations.
V. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на функцию инфинитива.
1. They promised to supply us with the necessary equipment.
2. The work of an architect is to design buildings which are beautiful to look at as well as useful.
3. The experiment to be carried out is of great importance for our research.
5. To convert chemical energy into electrical energy we must use an electrical sell.
VI. Перепишите и письменно переведите.
1. Electric lighting came into wide use at the end of the 19-th century with the development of the electric lamp by Thomas Edison. The two scientists Lodygyn and Yablochkov were the first in Russia to work in the field of electrical engineering. Later the transformer was invented, the first electric lines and networks were set up, dynamos and induction motors were designed. Since the beginning of the 20-th century the successful development of electricity has begun throughout the industrial world.
2. Today consumption of electricity per capita is an indicator of the economic development of a nation. Electricity has replaced other sources of energy as it has been realized that is offers improved service at reduced cost. No other source of energy has been so widely used as electricity. One of the greatest advantages of electricity is that it is ecologically clean, easily-regulated and generates no by-products. Applications of electricity now cover all fields of human activity from house washing machines to the latest laser devices. Truly electricity provides mankind with the energy of the future.
VII. Прочитайте вопрос к тексту. Из приведенных вариантов ответа укажите номер предложения, содержащего правильный ответ на поставленный вопрос:
What is one of the greatest advantages of electricity?
1. It generates by products.
2. It is ecologically clean and cheap.
3. It replaced transmission shafts, gear wheels. Belts and pulleys.