Контрольные работы по английскому языку
Контрольные работы - это своего рода практические работы. Проходя такую практику, студенты получают большой опыт, который пригодится при использовании английского языка в быту и на работе. Контрольные работы обычно имеют средний уровень сложности. Однако контрольные по английскому языку бывают и сложными.
I. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect или Past Indefinite
1. You (wear) your hair long when you were at school? - Yes, my mother (insist) on it. But when I (leave) school I (cut) my hair and (wear) it short ever since.
2. When he (arrive)? - He (arrive) at 2.00.
3. I can’t go out because I (not finish) my work.
4. The manager just (sign) the papers.
5. Mary (leave) home at 8.00 and (get) at twelve.
II. Прочитайте текст. Выпишите предложения, в которых употреблен Present Perfect, переведите их, задайте вопросы к ним.
For 70 years Emilio's life has changed very little. When he was 22, he married his childhood sweetheart, Pilar, from the next village, and they have been happily married ever since. Two years ago they celebrated their golden wedding anniversary. It was a big celebration. Everybody from miles around was there, including Emilio and Pilar, six children and their fifteen grandchidren.
III. Переведите следующие предложения, правильно употребив временные формы.
1. Как только она сварила кофе, отключили электричество.
2. Джордж был взволнован, так как получил телеграмму из дома.
3. Когда я вернулся в купе, я понял, что мой сосед уже сошел.
4. Врач сказал, что ребенок простудился.
5. Когда путешественник нашел гостиницу, уже стемнело.
IV. Ответьте на вопросы письменно, употребив Future Perfect.
1. Have they finished their preliminary training? (by the end of the year)
2. Have you filled all the copies? (by the end of the working day, all of them)
3. Has your sister returned yet? (by the end of the month)
V. Составьте мини-диалоги, употребив Present Perfect или Present Perfect Continuous.
A. - You (hear) the news?
- What's news?
- Someone (rob) the bank at the end of the road.
B. - You (hear) from your friend lately?
- My friend (write) to me for years but he never (send) me a photo.
VI. Раскройте скобки, употребив Past Indefinite или Past Continuous, Past Perfect или Past Perfect Continuous. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. We think of democracy as a modern invention, but in fact the world's most perfect democracy probably (exist) in Ancient Athens in 500 B.C. - if you (be) not a woman or a slave.
2. Ann was worn out. The baby (cough) all night and she (not to get) any sleep.
3. She said she (try) to phone me since morning. But nobody was at home.
VII. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на употребление перфектных времен в страдательном залоге.
1. You can't go to the library at eight tomorrow. By that time it will have been closed.
2. Several mistakes have been made in his work.
3. When the taxi arrived, the things had been already packed.
VIII. Перефразируйте предложения, употребив Complex Object. Сделайте все необходимые изменения.
1. I believe that she isn't right.
2. Her parents will not give her permission to go with him.
3. John found that the job was very interesting.
IX. Выделите Complex Subject. Переведите предложения.
1. The computer is supposed to be upgraded soon.
2. The girl turned out to have taken an overdose of sleeping tablets by mistake.
3. The article is sure to appear in the next issue of the journal.
X. Переведите предложения на английский язык, употребив различные инфинитивные конструкции.
1. Мы ожидали, что делегация прибудет в конце недели.
2. Товары непременно будут доставлены вовремя.
3. Джейн случайно встретила Майкла в городе.
4. Не похоже, чтобы она была влюблена в него.
5. Я бы хотел, чтобы вы перевели эту статью.
XI. Прочитайте и переведите текст. Переведите письменно 1-ый и 3-ий абзацы текста.
England is the largest and the richest country of Great Britain. The capital of England is London but there are other large industrial cities, such as Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester and other famous and interesting cities such as York, Chester, Oxford and Cambridge.
Stonehenge is one of the most prehistoric places in the world. This ancient circle of stones stands in Southwest England. It measures 80 metres across and made with massive blocks of stone up to four metres high. Why it was built is a mystery.
Not far from Stonehenge stands Salisbury Cathedral. It is a splendid example of an English Gothic Cathedral; inside there is one of four copies of Magna Charta and the oldest clock in England.
Chester is very important town in the north-west of England. In the past it used to be a Roman fort; its name comes from the Latin word castra, meaning "fortified camp". In Chester there is a famous museum which contains over 5000 ancient and modem toys.
Oxford is the home of the oldest university of England. The most famous college is Christ Church. It has a great hall which was built during the reign of Henry VIII and its chapel has become the Cathedral of Oxford. Cambridge is the home of Britain's second oldest university.
York was the capital of Northern England. It is one of the best preserved medieval cities of Europe. It was built by Romans, conquered by Anglo-Saxons and ruled by the Vikings. Birmingham is often called the "City of 1500 trades" because of the great variety of its industries.
XII. Ответьте на вопросы по тексту.
1. What are large industrial cities of England?
2. What is one of the most famous prehistoric place in the world?
3. Where are the oldest clock in England and a copy of Magna Charta now?
4. What is Chester interesting for?
5. Why is Birmingham called the "City of 1500 trades?"
Контрольная работа №1
I. Закончите предложения, употребив "to + Infinitive".
1. "Could you change the light bulb for me?" She asked me...
2. "Can I do the washing-up?" I offered...
3. "Don't touch the wire." He warned me...
4. "Could you speak more slowly?" He asked her...
5. "Shut the door." She told me...
II. Прочитайте следующую шутку. Передайте ее в косвенной речи.
A Cheap Secret
Young John: - I saw you kiss my sister, Mr. Brown. Would you like me to keep silent on the subject?
Mr. Brown: - Certainly, my boy. Here is a sixpence. And I expect you to keep it a secret.
John: - A sixpence? Do you really mean I have to keep it a secret for sixpence? I got two shillings for not telling I saw Mr. Johnes kiss her.
III. Выберите одно правильное предложение из данных ниже, для того чтобы перевести прямую речь в косвенную.
1. Jane said: "I am so sorry that I am leaving".
a) Jane said she was so sorry that she was leaving.
b) Jane said she was so sorry that she is leaving.
c) Jane said she is very sorry that I was leaving.
2. Richard asked his girlfriend: "How are you?"
a) Richard asked his girlfriend how she was.
b) Richard asked his girlfriend how she is.
c) Richard asked his girlfriend how are you.
3. Holmes said to me: "When I whistle, rush in here as fast as possible."
a) Holmes asked me to rush in there as fast as possible when he whistled.
b) Holmes asked me to rush in here as fast as possible when whistled.
c) Holmes said to me to rush in there as fast as possible when he whistled.
IV. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Later she heard luggage being carried up the stairs.
2. The traveller came up the hill and saw the car waiting.
3. We heard him walk up to the door.
V. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на независимый причастный оборот.
1. The concert being over, the lottery came next.
2. The treaty having been signed, trade was at once resumed.
3. Radio was invented in Russia, its inventor being the Russian scientist A.S. Popov.
VI. Подчеркните герундий. Определите его функцию в предложении. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. She doesn't like being taken notice of.
2. After having been taught English for three years, he was now to take up French and Spanish.
3. Despite living in the same street, we hardly ever see each other.
4. He had the advantage of always having confidence in himself.
5. Denying the fact would worsen the situation.
VII. Переведите предложения на английский язык. Определите тип условных предложений.
1. Если вы возьмете такси, то успеете ею встретить.
2. На вашем месте я бы не спорил.
3. Дэвид никогда бы не поступил в университет, если бы не занимался английским языком в школе.
VIII. Переведите 4-ый абзац письменно.
Lise Meitner (1878-1968)
1. In 1938, un Austrian physicist named Lise Meitner announced the splitting of the atom in the laboratory. That announcement confirmed once again the beginning of the Atomic Age. At that time Lise Meitner was one of the few people in the world who had a thorough understanding of atomic energy and the uses which could be made of this great power.
2. Lise Meitner, the daughter of a lawyer, was born in Vienna on the 17-th of November 1878. She grew interested in science when she read of the Curie's discovery of radium. The example of Marie Curie showed that a woman was able to achieve something in science. Lise Meitner became the first woman in the history of the University of Vienna who earned her doctorate in physics.
3. In 1906 she went to the University of Berlin to continue her studies by attending the theoretical lectures of Max Planck and by doing experimental work. There she began her research in the new field of radioactivity. She focused her attention on the behaviour of beta radiation from radioactive elements, experimenting with the primitive methods then available for measuring and analyzing radioactivity. Meitner's work in the 1920s and early 1930s emphasized the physical aspects of radioactivity.
4. In 1938 she left Germany for Sweden. Lise Meitner declined to work on the development of the atom bomb remaining in Sweden throughout the war. She was concerned with the properties of new radioactive isotopes, produced by the cyclotron. Her career was illustrious and productive (she published more than 135 scientific papers), but throughout her life she remained a shy person, with a deep interest in music. Her devotion to science had been total. She never married. In 1960 she moved to Cambridge, England, where she died in 1968.
IX. Ответьте на вопросы no тексту.
1. When and where was Lise Meitner born?
2. Did Lise Meitner become the first woman in the history of the University of Lise
3. When did she begin her research in the new field of radioactivity?
4. When did she leave Germany for Sweden? What was she concerned with?
5. When and where did she die?