Контрольные по английскому
Чтобы отлично решить контрольные работы по английскому языку, необходимо хорошо знать грамматику английского. Контрольные призваны проверить знания и повторить пройденные темы.
I. Заполните пропуски, вставив подходящую по смыслу форму причастия (Participle I or Participle II).
1. We listened to the girls (singing, sung) Russian folk songs.
2. The floor (washing, washed) by Helen looked very clean.
3. The exercises (doing, done) by the pupils were easy.
4. The house (surrounding, surrounded) by tall trees is very beautiful.
5. The girl (writing, written) on the blackboard is our best pupil.
6. Read the (translating, translated) sentences once more.
7. Name some places (visiting, visited) by you last year.
II. Заполните пропуски подходящими по смыслу местоимениями.
1. This is my watch. ....... bought......yesterday (личное)
2. He has a bad memory. He can't even remember...... own name, (притяжательное)
3. This book is very old. ...... pages are yellow. (притяжательное)
4. This knife is sharp. Don’t cut.......(возвратное)
5. We must believe in.......(возвратное)
6. Do you like......job? (притяжательное)
7. Sarah's doctor is so kind! ...... did so much for......!
III. Вставьте необходимые предлоги.
1. Why didn 't the bus-driver stop...... the bus-stop?
2. What is the longest river..... the world?
3. I went...... Mary's house but she wasn't...... home.
4. We didn't have a key, so we climbed......a window...... the house.
5. She took a key...... her bag and opened the door.
6. Hamlet, Othello and Macbeth are plays...... Shakespeare.
7. Can you give me some information...... hotels in this town?
IV. Вставьте подходящие модальные глаголы (must, may, can, need, to have to, to be to, should, to be able to).
1. You...... not come to help them tomorrow: the work is done.
2. The report says the country ...... think twice before joining the European market.
3. Who...... to do the talking today?
4. Mr. Marshall is busy this week, but he......to see you next week.
5. You...... take the last copy if nobody needs it.
6. My passport was out of date so I...... to renew it.
7.......you tell me the time, please?
V. Поставьте следующие предложения в отрицательную и вопросительную формы. Перепишите предложения.
Например. I work at a factory. I don't work at a factory. Do you work at a factory? or Pete is at home. Pete is not at home. Is Pete at home?
1. He is always late.
2. I like to read English magazines.
3. They get up at 7 o'clock every morning.
4. Jane has got a dog.
5. The earth goes round the sun.
6. An interpreter translates from one language into another.
7. I am from Russia.
Прочитайте текст и выполните задания.
Great Britain is an island lying off the north-western coastline of Europe. The English Channel separates it from the mainland in the south. The Strait of Dover, 18miles wide, divides it from France. Great Britain is separated from Belgium and Holland by the North Sea, and from Ireland by the Irish Sea.
The official name of Great Britain is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain is the name of the major island of the United Kingdom including England, Scotland and Wales; the United Kingdom, or the UK comprises Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
The UK is often referred to as Great Britain or the British Isles. It is an island state consisting of more than 5000 large and small islands, the most important being the Isle of Man and the Isle of Wight.
Due to the influence of the Gulf Stream, warm ocean current washing Britain's western shores, the UK enjoys warmer winters and cooler summers than other countries at the same latitude. There is much rain and fog in England. October is usually the wettest month, July is the hottest and January is the coldest one. All over the world Britain is notorious for its fogs.
The country is not very rich in mineral resources. Over three-quarters of Britain's land is used for farming; farms produce nearly half of the food that Britain needs.
The UK is a highly developed industrial country too, known as a producer and exporter of machinery, electronics, ships, aircraft and navigation equipment.
The capital of the UK is London, in England. The capital of Wales is Cardiff, and the Scottish capital is at Edinburgh; the capital of Northern Ireland is Belfast.
I. Скажите, являются ли следующие утверждения верными.
1. The country is rich in mineral resources.
2. The official name of Great Britain is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
3. The UK enjoys warmer winters and cooler summers than other countries at the same latitude.
4. October is usually the hottest month, July is the wettest one.
5. Edinburgh is the capital of Wales and Cardiff is the Scottish capital.
6. The UK is a highly developed industrial country.
7. The UK produces and exports machinery, electronics, ships, aircraft and navigation equipment.
II. Ответьте на вопросы по тексту.
1. Why does the UK enjoy warmer winters and cooler summers than other countries at the same latitude?
2 How wide is the Strait of Dover?
3. What is the coldest month in the United Kingdom?
4. How much food do farms produce?
5. Is Britain notorious for its fogs or sunny days?
6. The UK is often referred to as Great Britain, isn't it?
III. Вставьте недостающее слово.
1. All over the world Britain is notorious for its _.
2. The capital of _ is Cardiff.
3. Great Britain is an _ lying off the north-western coastline of Europe.
4. The UK is a highly _industrial country.
5. The official name of Great Britain is _ of Great Britain and
6. The country is not very rich in mineral _.
IV. Замените слова в скобках их английскими эквивалентами.
1. The UK is known as а _ (производитель) and exporter of machinery.
2. It is an _ (островное) state.
3. July is the _ (самый тёплый) month.
4. The UK _ (известен) as an exporter of electronics.
5. The Strait of Dover _ (отделяет) it from France.
6. There is much rain and _ (туман) in England.
V. Составьте предложения из данных слов.
1. The mainland, The English Channel, the south, it, separates, from, in.
2. Great Britain, the United Kingdom, the official name, of, is, of, Great Britain, Northern Ireland, and.
3. Islands, more than, it, small, is, an island state, 5000, consisting, of, large, and.
4. England, there, rain, is, tog, much, and, in.
5. Farming, is used for, Britain's, three-quarters, land, over, of.
6. England, the capital, the United Kingdom, of, is, London, in.