Чтобы быстро выучить английский, необходимо часто переводить тексты с английского на русский язык.
Ответы на контрольные работы по английскому
Ответы на контрольные работы по английскому языку имеют большое значение для тех, кто самостоятельно изучает английский язык.
1. Определите значение модальных глаголов и их эквивалентов и переведите предложения на русский язык:
He can speak three foreign languages.
May I use your car tonight?
Can he still be at the office?
I can't do this difficult task.
May I write my test on Tuesday?
I shall be able to help you.
It may be rain.
He will be allowed to take a book.
9) You must speak me the truth.
10) It's 7 o'clock, they must be at home now.
11) Somebody has to take the responsibility for the accident.
12) He had to earn his living when he was 15.
13) Students should be well prepared for every lesson.
14) You should stop driving so fast.
2. Заполните пропуски модальными глаголами или их эквивалентами can, could, may, must, might, to be able, to be allowed, should to. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Steve ... speak English, French and Italian.
2) You... ask him to help with the translation.
3) Mr. Smith ... be in his office now. You... call him.
4) ... I ask you a question? — Of course, you ....
5) The students … do their homework regularly.
6) You …be more attentive at the lessons.
7) In Britain you not... drive a car until you are seventeen.
8) You … to take part in the competition next year.
9) If you prepare for the exam, you... to take it in September.
10) You … do this important work quickly.
11) Nobody … understand this.
12) In future we …to use solar energy more effectively.
3. Раскройте скобки, употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в нужной форме. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) I see that you (wear) your new suit today.
2) Listen! Someone (knock) at the door.
3) The bus (stop) for us now.
4) Please, be quiet! The baby (sleep).
5) The leaves (begin) to fall from the trees.
6) John (have) lunch in the canteen now.
7) Listen! I think the telephone (ring).
8) You can’t talk to him. He (have) dinner now.
4. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах:
Образец: They are working.
Are they working?
They aren't working.
He is looking for the book which he lost.
The sky is getting very dark.
They are laughing at what you said.
5. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Past Continuous. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
Образец: It (rain) when I left home.
It was raining when I left home.
1) When you phoned I (have) dinner.
2) The baby (sleep) soundly when I went to wake him.
3) She (talk) with Mr. Smith when I saw her in the hall.
4) The accident happened while they (travel) in the South.
5) When I got up this morning, the sun (shine) brightly.
6. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах:
Образец: They were playing all day.
Were they playing all day?
They weren’t playing all day.
It was snowing all day yesterday.
They were doing their homework when I came to see them.
They were cleaning this flat all morning.
She burnt her hand when she was cooking dinner.
7. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Future Continuous. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) I (wait) on the corner for you at the usual time tomorrow morning.
2) It probably (rain) when you get back.
3) If you come before six, I (work) in my garden.
4) At this time tomorrow afternoon I (take) my final English examination.
5) I (work) at six o’clock tomorrow.
6) At this time next year he (study) at the university.
7) This time on Friday I (fly) to London.
8. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Present Perfect.
Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) I (speak) to him about it several times.
2) We (learn) many new words in this course.
3) He (make) that same mistake several times.
4) I (hear) that story before.
5) I am afraid that I (lose) my car keys.
6) She (see) this film three times.
7) I (tell) John what you said.
8) She (return) my book at last.
9) She says that she (lose) her new pocket-book.
10) I just (mention) it. Please be more attentive.
9. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Past Perfect.
Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) I was sure that I (see) the man before.
2) I asked him why he (leave) the party so early.
3) It was clear that he (give) us the wrong address.
4) The teacher corrected the exercises which I (prepare).
5) He knew that he (make) a serious mistake.
6) She said she (look) everywhere for the book.
7) I felt that I (meet) the man somewhere before.
8) He wanted to know what (happen) to his briefcase.
10. Упoтребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Future Perfect.
Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) I am sure they (complete) the new road by June.
2) He says that before he leaves he (see) every show in town.
3) By the time you arrive, I (finish) reading your book.
4) I (be) in this country two years on next January.
5) A year from now he (take) his medical examinations and (begin) to practice.
6) If you don't make a note of that appointment, you (forget) it by next week.
7) By that time he (get) your letter, don’t phone him.
8) By ten they (go), come earlier, if you can.
9) He (guess) the crossword puzzle by the time the boss comes back.
10) Tom (order) everything when we come to the restaurant.
11. Прочитайте и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) Sochi Festivals of Songs are attended by a lot of people.
2) I heard the game was lost by the Dynamo team yesterday.
3) The new skyscraper is being made of glass and steel.
4) The factory was still being built, when we came to live there.
5) His last book has just been published.
6) I wonder why he is always laughed at.
7) Those papers haven't been looked through yet.
8) It is expected that they will do everything possible to help him.
12. Замените действительный залог страдательным и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) The audience enjoyed the concert very much.
2) The little boy ate the cake.
3) The teacher corrects our exercises at home.
4) They started a dancing class last week.
5) Everybody will see this film soon.
6) The teacher returned our written works to us.
7) Mr. Parker will leave the tickets at the box-office.
8) The students translate texts during English lessons.
9) Mary took that book from the desk.
10) The painter will finish his picture soon.
11) They allowed the children to go to the zoo.
13. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст.
Great Britain (official name – the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) is situated on two large islands, the larger of which is Great Britain, the smaller is Ireland. In addition to these two islands Great Britain includes over five hundred small islands.
The total area of Great Britain is 240,000 sq. km, its population is over 56 mln people.
In the north –west and west the country is washed by the Atlantic Ocean and the Irish Sea, in the east – by the North Sea, it is separated from France by the English Channel.
The island of Great Britain is divided into two parts: mountainous and lowland.
There are no very long rivers. The most important rivers are the Thames (the deepest) and the Severn (the longest).
Great Britain consists of four main parts: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Administratively Great Britain is divided into 55 counties. The biggest cities of the country are London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Liverpool, Manchester, Edinburgh and Cardiff.
Great Britain is a parliamentary monarchy. Officially the head of the state is the Queen (or the King). However, the power of the Queen in Great Britain is not absolute. She acts only on the advice of the ministers and Parliament. Parliament in Great Britain exists since 1265 and is the eldest in the world. It consists of two Houses: the House of Lords and the House of Commons.
Great Britain is a highly-developed industrial country. The main branches of British industry are machine-building, ship-building, metallurgy, electronics, etc.
14. Выпишите и письменно переведите предложения, соответствующие тексту.
1. Great Britain (official name – the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) is situated on two large islands.
2. In addition to these two islands Great Britain includes over five hundred small islands.
3. The total area of Great Britain is 500,000 sq. km.
4. In the north-west and west the country is washed by the Atlantic Ocean and the Irish Sea, in the east – by the North Sea, it is separated from France by the English Channel.
5. There are no long rivers in Great Britain.
6. Great Britain consists of four main parts: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland.
7. Administratively Great Britain is divided into 75 counties.
8. Great Britain is a parliamentary monarchy.
9. The capital of Great Britain is Glasgow.
10. Great Britain is a highly – developed industrial country.