Контрольные работы по английскому языку
Чтобы выполнить контрольные по английскому языку, необходимо выучить множество грамматических тем, а также выучить множество слов на английском. Если вы студент юридического вуза, то вам следует выучить английские юридические термины. Если вы студент экономического вуза, то вам необходимо знать экономические английские термины. Если вы выучите специфические термины, то вам легко будет решить контрольную работу по английскому языку.
II. Преобразуйте сложноподчиненные предложения в простые, употребив «объектный инфинитивный оборот» (the objective infinitive construction). Выполните письменно.
1. We considered that she had already obtained her Master's degree in mathematics.
2. There was some engine trouble and the driver asked that the passengers should leave the car.
3. They saw that he was leaving the building with a heavy bag.
4. Everybody thinks that he is one of the best doctors at the hospital.
5. The student expects that the article will be published and translated into English.
6. Nobody thought that he would be late for the bus.
7. They expected that the doctor would come soon.
8. The scientists consider that our existence on Earth also depends on the energy received from the sun.
9. We assume that extensive use of hydrogen as an energy source will help keep the environment clean.
10. Alice finds that her new job is quite interesting.
III. Перефразируйте следующие сложноподчиненные предложения, употребив «субъектный инфинитивный оборот» (the Subjective Infinitive construction). Выполните письменно.
1. It is known that helium was discovered in 1868 in the atmosphere of the sun, where it is an important constituent.
2. It is considered that the reserves of hydrogen are practically unlimited, it containing almost three times more thermal energy than benzene.
3. For nearly a century after Dalton formulated the atomic theory, it was generally assumed that atoms were the indivisible of the elementary substances.
4. It turned out that these analyses had been of great importance for our research.
5. It seems that they have enjoyed the party.
6. It is known that York is one of the most beautiful cities in England.
7. It was supposed that the train arrived at 11.30, but it was an hour late.
8. It is found that the economic situation is very bad. Many people are out of work.
9. It is stated that the fitness boom of the eighties led to a big rise in the numbers of people participating in sports.
10. It is believed that London is still one of the most lively shopping cities in the world.
IV. Перепишите следующие предложения, употребив глаголы в скобках в правильной форме, или will+гл. (First Conditional).
1. Don't throw that bad away. If you (not want) it, I (have) it.
2. I (write) to you if you (give) me your address.
3. If I (not, see) you tomorrow morning. I (phone) you in the evening.
4. I (be) surprised if Martin and Julia (get) married.
5. If you (not hurry), you (miss) the train.
V. Перепишите следующие предложения, употребив глаголы в правильной форме, Past Simple или would+ глагол (Second Conditional).
1. If he (have) the money, he (buy) a fast car.
2. I haven't told Ann what happened. She (be) angry if she (know).
3. It's not a very good hotel. I (not, stay) there if I (be) you.
4. I'm not going to take the job. I (take) it if the salary (be) better.
5. If we (live) nearer London, we (go) more often.
VI. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык следующие предложения, обращай внимание на формы и функции инфинитива. Подчеркните инфинитив.
1. Не loves parties; he is always the first to come and the last to leave.
2. This parcel is too heavy to be sent by post.
3. She left work early in order to be at home when he arrived.
4. He is glad to be helping his friend.
5. It is difficult to find a place to park in the city centre.
VII. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык следующие предложения. Помните, что объектный и субъектный инфинитивные обороты соответствуют придаточным предложениям (см. образец выполнения I)
1. I happened to have driven that kind of car before.
2. The company is said to be losing a lot of money.
3. Let him do what he wants.
4. Have you got enough money or do you want me to lend you some?
5. We found British people to be friendly and helpful.
VIII. Перепишите следующие условные предложения I и II типов, выбрав правильную форму глагола. Переведите на русский язык (смотрите образец выполнения II).
1. If I ... near my office I'd be in time for work (live, lived).
2. If you ... your bicycle outside someone will steal it (leave, left).
3. If I dyed my hair blue everyone ... at me (will laugh, would laugh).
4. If John works overtime, he ... enough for his holiday (will save, would save).
5. Unless the students ... the rules, they would make mistakes, (observe, observed).
IX. Прочтите текст с 1 по 4-й абзацы и ответьте письменно на вопросы.
Пояснения к тексту
1. a stock boy - работник (фасовщик) магазина.
2. sweeten - make pleasant or attractive.
3. feel certain - быть уверенным
4. thoroughfare — оживленная улица.
1. What was Selfridge's idea of a department store?
2. Why was Selfridge successful?
1. One man more than any other was responsible for the modern look of department stores. He was Harry G.Selfridge, a Wisconsin native who took a job as a stock boy with Marshall Field in 1879 and quickly rose through the ranks. One of his first acts was to take goods down from the high shelves and put them on counters and tables where customers could peer at them, touch them and, as critics noted, shoplift them.
2. Among Selfridge's many other innovations were the bargain basement, annual sales, gift certificates, the practice of reminding customers how many shopping days were left till Christmas, the custom of keeping the ground floor windows lighted at night, thus encouraging evening strollers to browse and plan their next day's shopping, and the now universal practice of putting the perfumes and cosmetics departments on the ground floor by the main entrance where they would sweeten the atmosphere and act as a magnet for passers-by.
3. Retiring from Marshall Field, Selfridge moved to Britain and at the age of fifty founded the London department store that bears his name. Though most British observers felt certain that such a crassly commercial undertaking would never succeed in London, it not only thrived but made Oxford Street into London's premier shopping thoroughfare. Selfridge was obsessively devoted to his store. He concerned himself with everything from the sharpness of sales clerks' pencils to the quality of their teeth. Something of his dedication to work is evidenced by a vacation he took in 1914. He left London by train on a Saturday morning and by noon the next day was on the skating rink of a Swiss hotel. He skated vigorously for four hours, packed up his skates and stocking cap, caught a train back to London and was at his desk at 8 a.m. on the Monday morning. That was his idea of a holiday.
4. But with the death of his wife in 1918, something snapped inside him. He began to go nightclubbing, gambled and neglected his business. In ten years, he ran through $8 million. Unable to pay back the debts he owed to his own store he was retired from the Selfridge's board of directors and given a pension of $25,000 a year (later cut to $12,000 and then to $8,000), from which he was expected to pay back debts of $2 million. He lost his houses and his Rolls-Royce, took a small flat in Putney and travelled by bus. On 8 May 1947 he died nearly destitute and virtually forgotten, and how many times have we heard that story before?
X. Прочтите текст еще раз и следующие ним утверждения. Проверьте себя, как вы поняли текст. Запишите номера утверждений, которые соответствуют содержанию.
1. This is a life story of one American
2. man who invented the department store.
3. His innovations never succeeded in Britain.
4. His business was a success because he was obsessively devoted to his store.
5. Selfridge neglected his business as his wife didn't want him to do it any longer.
6. He failed to pay back debts and died in poverty.
XI. Перепишите и письменно переведите 1 и 2 абзацы