Контрольные выполняют студенты, чтобы проверить свой уровень знаний. Контрольные дают возможнсть студентам закрепить знания по грамматике и лексике.
I. Переведите на русский язык, используя правила согласования времен.
1. Не said that he wanted to go away for a holiday but he didn't know where to go.
2. She asked if I had got a driving license.
3. The decision was that we should stay in the port a few hours longer.
4. He asked me why I had applied for the job.
II. Переведите на русский язык. Определите тип условного придаточного предложения.
1. I was told I couldn't pass the exam unless I worked harder.
2. If he wins the competition, it will be wonderful.
3. If our ship had arrived two days ago, we should have left the port yesterday.
III. Выберите из скобок требующуюся форму причастия
1. Неге is the letter (receiving, received) by me yesterday.
2. When we came nearer, we saw boys (coming, come) towards us.
3. The floor (washing, washed) by Helen looked very clean.
IV. Переведите на русский язык. Определите функцию герундия.
1. On hearing that we were Russian sailors English dockers started asking us a lot of questions.
2. Columbus died without realizing that he had made one of the great discoveries of his time.
3. The storm prevented the ship from reaching the port in time.
V. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на различные инфинитивные обороты.
1. They were the last to leave.
2. My dream is to navigate a big liner.
3. The doctor remained for another hour to make sure that the
child's life was out of danger.
VI. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на употребление различных форм долженствования.
1. I needn't tell you what a clever boy he is.
2. We are to look safe at 7 o'clock sharp.
3. These goods are in great demand. You don't have to advertise
them, do you?
VII. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на конструкцию зависимого и независимого причастного оборота.
1. Knowing how fond he is of music, I bought him a few good records.
2. The bridge having been swept away by the flood, the train was late.