Английский язык открывает для вас весь мир.
Контрольные по английскому
Контрольные дают возможность подготовиться к экзаменам.
1. Прочтите и переведите текст.
Helen finished secondary school two years ago. Now she is looking for a job as a secretary. She got her knowledge of secretarial work at school. Also she knows English fairly well. Helen knows how to deal with customers, especially difficult ones. She is careful at work, well-mannered and tactful. She gets on well with people, and she is really a nice girl. That is very important for a secretary. So she read an advertisement in a newspaper, applied documents and got the job.
Her duties are to type letters, to answer the telephone calls, to deal with customers and to prepare documents and papers for her manager.
The terms of her job are good and the salary is rather high. The annual holiday is 24 days. In a year Helen can expect a promotion because she does her best.
2. Ответьте на вопросы.
1. When did Helen finish school?
2. Where did she get her knowledge of secretarial work?
3. What qualities are important for a secretary?
4. What are her duties?
5. Is Helen glad to get the job?
3. Напишите предложения в Past Indefinite Tense и переведите их на русский язык (не забудьте заменить модальные глаголы на их эквиваленты).
1. Helen can deal with difficult customers.
2. She must type letters and answer the telephone calls.
3. At the end of the year Peter may apply for the post as a manager.
4. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глаголы в Present, Past или Future Continuous Tense, обращая внимание на указатели времени. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Helen (to be speaking) over the telephone when her boss came in.
2. Peter (to be looking) for a job now.
3. The students (to be preparing) for their exams tomorrow from 10 to 4.
5. Раскройте скобки и напишите соответствующую форму прилагательного. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Ann was (good) student in the group.
2. Helen knows how to deal with (difficult) customers.
3. The two (bad) months in Britain are January and February.
4. Winter is (cold) season of the year.
6. Поставьте вопросы к предложениям.
1. Kate is looking for a job now. Who?
2. She was typing a letter yesterday at 2 o’clock. What?
3. Peter will be studying at the library tomorrow from 5 to 7. Where?
7. Заполните пропуски словами much или many.
1. We study ... subjects at the Institute.
2. Peter has ... money in his porket.
3. Typing a letter she made ... mistakes.
8. Заполните пропуски предлогами.
1. The job ... a secretary is difficult as you must know how to deal .. customers.
2. The terms ... her job are very good and ... a year she can take promotion.
3. Don’t speak ... the telephone! I am waiting ... a call.