Хотите выучить английский язык? Тогда занимайтесь больше. Учите грамматические правила и решайте контрольные по английскому языку.
I. Раскройте скобки, употребив глагол в Past Perfect или в Past Continuous:
- I called my secretary on my mobile because the meeting (not to finish) yet.
- When I saw George at the seminar I knew I (to see) him before.
- They (not examine) the new model of chemical equipment at 2 yesterday.
- you (to decide) what to do before he called you?
- The Sales Manager (to study) the catalogues and quotations from 2 till 4 yesterday.
- Our partners arrived at 6 but we (not to discuss) all the terms of the contract yet.
- What you (to do) at this time yesterday?
- While I (to negotiate) the contract, my boss phoned me to say he wanted completely different conditions.
- Mr. Green (not to look through) the mail at 4 yesterday, he (to receive) the British businessmen.
- the manager (to clarify) the customer’s requirements all day long yesterday?
II. Переведите следующие предложения в косвенную речь:
- Mr. Belov said, “I took our customers’ delegation to Suzdal yesterday”.
- Mr. Brown stressed, “We produce pumps of high quality”.
- Mr. Green said, “We will ship the goods in May”.
- Mr. Larin remarked, “It is necessary to reserve accommodation in advance”.
- Mr. Bell noted, “Your terms are not very suitable. We can’t accept them”.
- Mr. Blake said, “We have always delivered the goods on CIF terms”.
- Mr. Bond explained, “You can expect repeat orders from our company if we are satisfied with this transaction”.
- Mr. Stanley said, “You are to open a Letter of Credit next week”.
- Mr. Borisov remarked, “We are looking forward to establishing business relations with your company”.
- Mr. Zotov said, “We improved this model last month”.
III. Откройте скобки, употребив правильную форму страдательного залога:
- A lot of enquiries (to receive) at your office every week.
- An important contract (to sign) by your firm yesterday.
- New prices (to discuss) at the talks tomorrow.
- … the new equipment (to deliver) by the end of this year?
- Our engineers (not to send) abroad next year.
- Some consumer goods (to buy) by our company from Great Britain regularly.
- Unfortunately, the goods (not to deliver) on time last month.
- …specialized exhibitions of this sort (to hold) very often in your city?
- … the terms of shipment (to settle) the other day?
- I am sorry to say, the Letter of Credit (not to open) with this bank last week.
IV. Выберите форму глагола в придаточных времени и условия, переписав предложения в правильном виде:
- When they will come / come to the office they will call their customers.
- We’ll get in touch with our sellers as soon as the goods will be delivered /are delivered.
- If the contract is ready /will be ready, the talks will be completed very soon.
- As soon as the manufacturers will modify / modify their model, they will increase their prices.
- He will look through the quotations as soon as he is free / will be free.
- If the prices will be /are competitive, we’ll place a big order with your company.
V. Перепишите предложения, выбрав правильный эквивалент модальных глаголов: have to, be able to, be to.
- Passengers have to / will be able to check in for their flight an hour in advance.
- I was very busy, as I had to / was able to reserve accommodation for our foreign partners.
- Mr. Garanin is going to be late for work today. He has to / is able to go to the plant.
- Mr. Smirnov went to Italy last month because he was to / was able to establish business contacts with our future partners.
- When will your Director have to / be able to receive me?
- I know you are short of time, and won’t be able to / don’t have to discuss new contracts today.
VI. Раскройте скобки, употребив глагол в нужной форме: Present Simple, Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Continuous, Past Continuous, Present Perfect, Past Perfect:
- Mary is ill, but she (to get) better now.
- We (not to come) to the office before 9.
- I’m afraid Mr. Bell can’t speak to you now. He (to have) talks with our regular customers.
- Sony (to produce) a wide range of consumer goods.
- Some years ago the Greens (to live) in Liverpool.
- We (not to look through) the mail the day before yesterday.
- you (to ship) the goods last month?
- He (to receive) the British businessmen at 12 yesterday.
- The Sales Manager (to study) an offer from Smith & Sons when the customers arrived.
- I’ (to be) interested in computers for ages.
- They (not to place) a trial order with our company yet.
- By 2000 this company (to sell) over 2 thousand units.
- When I got to the office my secretary said that somebody (to phone) me several times.
- I think next year our plant (to manufacture) a few new models.
- I’ (to get) in touch with you as soon as I find out the prices.
VII. Перепишите предложения, употребив правильные предлоги:
- If you order _ next week, we’ll give you a 3% discount the price.
- We have to spend a lot of money a promotion campaign.
- This company always provides their customers good guarantee service.
- I look establishing good business relations your firm.
- Can you increase that discount 2%?
- How many firms will take part the exhibition which will be held 5 May Moscow?
- The equipment of this plant is more reliable operation as compared the goods other manufacturers.
- Our partners were to open a Letter Credit the NovoBank after they receive our Notification Readiness the goods Shipment.
- Mr. Sedov got instructions to contact _the British partners and to place an order 50 machines them.
- Machinoexport was heavy with orders, that’s why they could offer their goods 4 lots a year regular intervals.
VIII. Письменно переведите следующий диалог:
Mr. Bell: Mr. Lavrov, you have studied our offer and our samples. What do you think of them?
Mr. Lavrov: Your samples 3 and 4 suit us. Their quality is excellent and we think the goods will become very popular on our market if the prices are reasonable.
Mr. Bell: You are right. We have already sold a lot of goods and very successfully. Sample 4 is our latest model which was modified not long ago. Are you going to place a big order?
Mr. Lavrov: Yes, 50 units for prompt delivery and 100 units for delivery in 5 equal lots of 20 per month within 5 months after signing the contract.
Mr. Bell: We are quite able to meet these requirements. Do you prefer CIF terms?
Mr. Lavrov: Yes, certainly. And do you remember I said if the prices were competitive? We would like to get a discount of 5%.
Mr. Bell: That’s too much. As a special concession to a new customer we can give you a 3% discount. And payment by a Letter of Credit which you are to open after the contract is signed.
Mr. Lavrov: Good. That suits me all right. We’ll be able to sign the contract this week.
IX. Найдите в диалоге и выпишите эквиваленты следующих выражений:
- наши образцы
- разумные цены
- разместить большой заказ
- пятью равными партиями
- выполнить требования
- конкурентоспособные цены
- специальная уступка
- платеж аккредитивом
- подписать контракт
X. Задайте специальные вопросы к подчеркнутым в диалоге словам.