Английский. Помощь онлайн.
Помощь онлайн по английскому получить легко, просто обратитесь к профессионалам.
1. Read and translate the text orally.
IDENTIFICATION OF SUSPECTS
A. Sometimes it is impossible to find the suspect for an offence immediately. The police have to look for him using information obtained from the victim or witness. There are basically four methods of identifying a suspect:
1) Identification Parade
2) Group Identification
3) Confrontation .
4) Street Identification
Let us look at the meaning of each method.
B. Identification Parade — This involves the suspect standing in a line of people of similar height and appearance as himself. The witness or victim picks out the person he considers was responsible for the crime. Group Identification — If a Parade is not possible, a group of people, including the suspect are placed in a room and the witness or victim picks out the suspect. Confrontation — Circumstances may prevent an identification parade or group identification, and the senior officer may direct that the suspect be confronted with the victim or witness and asked, 'Is this the man?'
С. These three methods must be arranged and supervised by a senior officer. These three methods rely on the fact that the witness or victim has not seen the suspect since his detention. It is therefore most important that having received a description from a victim or witness the police do not allow them to see any possible suspect before one of the above methods is arranged by a senior officer.
D. Street Identification — This method allows a Police Officer who receives an allegation of a crime to take the victim or witness to a particular neighborhood or place to look at the people there in an effort to identify the suspect.
2. Translate passages В, С from English into Russian in writing.
3. Put the general, alternative, disjunctive and 3 special questions to the underline sentence.
These three methods rely on the fact that the witness or victim has not seen the suspect since his detention.
4. Answer the following questions in writing.
1) What do the police have to do if it is impossible to find the suspect for an offence immediately?
2) What is the difference between "identification parade" method and group identification?
3) What does confrontation method involve?
4) Whom are "identification parade" method, group identification and confrontation method supervised by?
5) What are the activities of a Police Officer in "street identification" method?
5. Open the brackets by using the English equivalents of the word combinations from the text.
1) The police have to look for (подозреваемый) using information obtained from the victim or (свидетель).
2) In one of the methods a group of people, including the suspect are placed in a room and the witness or (жертва) picks out the suspect.
3) These three methods rely on the fact that the witness has not seen the suspect since his (задержание).
6. Write the following sentences in negative and interrogative forms. Indicate the tenses in the Active Voice.
1. Dad presented Mag a personal computer last year. (Past Simple)
2. She will be at home at 5 o'clock. (Future Simple)
3. It is raining now. (Present Continuous)
4. I phoned him two days ago. (Past Simple)
5. They have lived here since 1984. (Present Perfect)
6. I sometimes read newspapers after breakfast. (Present Simple)
7. She visits her friends every summer. (Present Simple)
8. Students had written the test before the bell rang. (Past Perfect)
7. Put the questions to the underline parts of the sentences.
1. He goes to the sports center every Sunday. (3)
2. They are discussing his book now. (3)
3. He has already tried Chinese food. (1)
4. He will take three exams in June. (2)
5. They built a new road last summer. (2)
6. We had solved the problem by the end of the meeting. (3)
8. Put the verb into the correct form in the following conditional sentences, translate them.
1) If you (not to live) so far, we would visit you more often.
2) If he spoke more clearly, people (to understand) him better.
3) If I (to be) hungry, I would have eaten something.
4) If I had known that George had to get up early, I (to wake) him up.
5) I shall tell you about the task if you (to call) me in the evening.
9. Paraphrase the sentences using the Passive Voice. Translate them.
1) The President of the USA appoints marshals.
2) A woman has dropped some parcels on her foot.
3) The jury asked the witness to give testimony.
4) They will render a verdict in an hour.
5) You can see her in the library every day.