Знание английского дают великолепные возможности для карьерного роста.
Контрольные по английскому языку
Целью контрольных является проверка знаний студентов, изучающих английский в вузах.
I. Перепишите предложения; подчеркните в каждом из них глагол-сказуемое и определите его видовременную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. India received independence in 1947.
2. Indian people have made considerable progress in economic and cultural development.
3. Farmers are growing rice.
4. The agreement was signed by both countries.
5. India ranks high as a world producer of food crops.
6. These data were being carefully examined by the scientists.
7. The country is surrounded by high mountains.
8. The answer has been already received.
II. Перепишите предложения; подчеркните в них Participle I и Participle II и установите функции каждого из них, т.е. укажите, является ли оно определением, обстоятельством или частью глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Dominated by the British for 200 years India got freedom in 1947.
2 The coast facing the Indian Ocean is under tropical forests.
3. Many people are engaged in cattle breeding in this country.
4. He used improved methods in his work.
III. Перепишите предложения; подчеркните в каждом из них модальный глагол или его эквивалент. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The situation should be improved.
2. The farmers have to change their farming methods.
3. One can see great progress in the development of the country.
4. He is to examine the experiment very carefully in order to get good results.
5. The death-rates declined and the total population was to increase.
6. He must have been to India.
7. Rice may be grown in the Ganges valley.
8. They have to improve some raw material.
IV. Прочтите весь текст, устно переведите его. Перепишите и письменно переведите 2-й, 3-й, 4-й и 5-й абзацы.
1. India, one of the world’s biggest states, is playing an increasingly important role on the international scene. It is a federal democratic republic, one of the members of the British Commonwealth. Situated in the center of South Asia, it has a 15000 kilometer-long border. On all land frontiers the country is surrounded by high mountains. The coast facing the Indian Ocean is under tropical forests. The climate is essentially tropical.
2. A land of ancient culture, India has a population of more than 550 million consisting of different races and tribes. It is the second largest population (after China) in the world. While birth-rates remaining stationary, the death-rates declined resulting in a huge increase in total population.
3. Politically dominated by the British for almost two centuries, India received independence in 1947. Since their independence Indian people have made considerable headway in economic and cultural development.
4. India is rich in coal, gold, iron-ore and oil. India’s leading industries are engineering, metallurgy, machine building.
5. The majority of the population are engaged in agriculture. Farmers are growing rice in the Ganges valley. India is a leading producer of tea and jute. Although India ranks high as a world producer of food crops, the output is not sufficient for the enormous population. The situation is to be improved by a number of measures in the farming methods.
IV. Прочтите 6-й абзац текста и вопрос к нему. Из приведённых вариантов ответа укажите номер предложения, содержащего правильный ответ на поставленный вопрос:
What are the majority of the population of India engaged in?
1. The majority of the population are engaged in machine building.
2. The majority of the population is engaged in agriculture.