Английский помогает людям общаться.
Если вам необходимо выполнить контрольные, вам необходимо изучить соответствующую лексику.
I. Напишите следующие прилагательные в сравнительной и превосходной степени:
beautiful, good, pale, thin, lazy, bad, hot, difficult, dirty, short, long, interesting, deep, young
II. Поставьте взятые в скобки прилагательные и наречия в сравнительную
и превосходную степени:
1. Who is the (strong) boy in your group?
2. One of the (interesting) places in our city is the embankment.
3. Ekaterinburg is one of the (big) industrial centres of Russia.
4. Yesterday we came home (early) than usual.
5. With the coming of the spring all people seemed (happy) and (quiet).
6. Today the weather is (bad) than it was yesterday.
7. It was the (good) reward we wished.
8. He is (little) educated than his father.
9. Where is the (far) point?
10. The (much) I knew my teacher, (well) I liked him.
III. Заполните пропуски союзами as ... as, (not) so ... as и переведите
предложения на русский язык:
1. Is Ekaterinburg ... big ... Moscow?
2. The Don is ... long ... the Volga.
3. The weather is ... nice today ... it was yesterday.
4. What other months are ... long ... April?
5. The last winter was not ... cold ... this winter.
6. My room is ... light ... yours.
7. This English book is not ...easy for me ... the book you gave me to read last time.
8. I do not get up ... early on Sunday ... on week-days.
IV. Переведите следующие словосочетания на английский язык:
более трудный предмет, самая важная проблема, самый большой в России, самые глубокие знания, менее трудный экзамен, самый молодой, менее важный, намного интереснее, гораздо легче, намного лучше, гораздо дешевле
VII. Переведите предложения:
1. Astronomers know of galaxies existing in various shapes and sizes.
2. There is no hope of our completing the experiment soon.
3. They insisted on the devices being reexamined.
4. The girl was confused by our all observing her.
5. He went to the door to listen to her coming up.
6. There being an extensive system of evening and correspondence education in this country, a great number of people are part-time and correspondence students.
7. Vast sums being spent on education in the country, the state is able to provide qualified specialists for all branches of industry.
8. Holiday accommodation and facilities being cheap, all the students can spend their vacations in camps, rest homes, etc.
9. The work having been done, they went for a short walk.
10. College courses finished, all the graduates get work according to their speciality.
VIII. Переведите предложения:
1. We consider Isaak Newton to be one of the greatest mathematicians of all times.
2. I saw her making experiments in the laboratory.
3. They want this project to be completed as soon as possible.
4. We watched scientists testing a new device.
5. They expect us to have accomplished our task.
6. We believe them to be supplied with all the necessary documents.
7. We suppose the parts of the report to have been replaced.
8. I'd like him to make a report at the scientific conference.
9. Radio and television allow us to communicate with the remotest corners of the world.
10. The whole world knows his ideas to have had a great influence on world science.
IX. Переведите предложения:
1. Electric current is known to flow in metal parts.
2. The doctor noticed the temperature of the child to be rising.
3. The weather is known to depend on many natural factors.
4. We want our reports to be listened to at the today's meeting.
5. The experiment is supposed to be completed.
6. I have never seen him making experiments in the laboratory.
7. The future is expected to bring a great many new scientific discoveries.
Переведите тексты письменно.
Text 2. International Marketing
The International Marketing Manager has a three-fold responsibility; international marketing -- marketing across national boundaries: foreign marketing -- marketing within foreign countries; and multinational marketing -- coordinating marketing in multiple markets. Marketing being defined in several ways, broadly we may define it as the collection of activities undertaken by the firm to relate profitability to its market. Marketing involves all of these activities: market intelligence, product planning and development, buying, storage, selling, crediting, pricing, traffic, distribution, advertising, promotion and marketing research.
Marketing management is the planning and co-ordination of these activities in order to achieve a successful, integrated marketing program, international marketing to be defined as the performance of one or more of these activities across national boundaries. The activities and goals of international marketing are the same as those of domestic marketing, implementation of the firm's marketing programs having been considered very different. That is, managing international marketing can be significantly different from managing domestic marketing. If one tries to define personal selling as the major promotional tool, it will appear to be even more important in international marketing than domestically.
Personal Selling is commonly known to take a greater percentage of the promotional budget abroad than at home. There may be two reasons for this: restrictions on advertising and media availability will limit the amount of advertising the firm can do, and low wages in many countries allow the company to hire a larger sales force. This second reason will be especially applicable when personal selling takes place in less developed nations. Personal selling involves personal contact and is more culture-bound than impersonal advertising. That is why personal selling in the firm's foreign markets cannot really be considered international personal selling, to be compared with international campaigns and international media in discussing advertising. So, personal selling is national, not international.
The role of personal selling having been decided, the actual administration of the sales force in a market will be similar to that in the home market. The same general functions must be performed: recruitment, selection, training, motivation, supervision, and compensation. Training of salespeople is done primarily in the national market. The demands of the job and the previous preparation of the sales force will determine the nature of the training program. Indeed, if motivation and compensation of the sales force are closely related, attractive compensation will be often the chief motivator.
Motivation can be more of a challenge abroad than at home for two reasons: the low esteem in which selling is held, and the cultural reluctance of prospective sales representatives to talk to strangers. On defining these two essential elements of selling, the firm must try to overcome this handicap, especially in countries where selling has low status. Training, titles, perquisites, and special recognition of salesperson's self-image are all helpful. The licensee's or distributor's sales force is important in making the quality of sales force a major criterion in choosing the distributor.
In joint ventures the international marketer may have a small or a big voice in selling, depending on the capabilities of both partner. The greater the control given to the international firm in the marketing of the joint venture, the more the situation resembles that of a wholly owned subsidiary. The less the control, the more the situation resembles that in a licensing or distributor agreement. With sales force management being largely decentralized, personal selling is related to the peculiarities of the local market. Nevertheless, international marketers should play same role. On contributing expertise in every aspect of sales force management -- recruitment, selection, training, motivation, compensation and evaluation. – they serve as the clearinghouse between domestic and foreign operations, and among the foreign markets themselves.